Chapter-67: The grumpy barristers' closeness amidst distance

Following a tedious argument of who should sleep where, I had convinced Bondita to sleep on the bed, while I lied down on the floor thinking about the challenge. I was sure about thoroughly enjoying this phase of our relationship too. I don't even need seven days to make her confess, because my Bondita cannot be away from me for a long time. Neither can I. If there are no challenges, then it is not love; or say, a love story doesn't feel complete. I chuckled. I felt happy that Bondita is finally with me. I felt accomplished and peaceful.

Once the mind got settled, body started revolting. It ached like hell due to all the physical strain I took since that morning. Gradually the pains started to resurface one by one. I understood that I was unable to raise my arms. The legs felt sore too. In spite of all this, sleep took over and I passed out even before I knew.

In the middle of the sleep I felt someone touching me and grew conscious. As a reflex, I held the hand that was coming in contact with my body. I was shocked to find Bondita and sat up at once. Seeing me suddenly rise from the sleep made her shiver and withdraw her hand from my hold. She grew nervous as my perplexed looks searched her eyes for answers. She shut her eyes tight with embarrassment.

"Bondita, what happened? Do you want anything?", I asked, still confused at her act.

Somehow she mustered the courage to say, "Please remove your shirt."

"What!!!? Why?", I gasped.

So, that is what she was trying to do; remove my shirt.

"I have noticed the painful expressions on your face when you were trying to move your body. It must have become sore after bearing my weight for a long time. Besides, throughout the journey I clung to your ........", she turned her gaze away as she said, "I want to apply pain balm and massage your sore muscles."

The situation became delicate as our eyes met. We blushed for a moment before I composed myself and said,

"No, thank you. You have fever and need to rest. Moreover, I feel very sleepy."

"Then without wasting another minute do as I say."

"I told you it's not required. Let me sleep.", I grumbled like a grumpy kid, because I was really very tired and cannot sit awake even for another minute.

"I will not take much time. Please..", she said.

"When you don't love me what's the point in doing all this?", I asked sadly.

"You also did so much for me without any feelings of love, didn't you?", she taunted, throwing sharp glares at me.

"Who said there's no lo........"

"Sshhhh....keep quiet. Kindly don't drain my energy. Just remove your shirt.", she commanded.

"This lady tyrant is not at all allowing me to speak.", I grumpily complained in a low voice.

"As if he allowed me to speak my heart out.", she let out in annoyance, "Will you do the favour or should I try it myself?"

"I will....", I blurted out, "We will land in a big trouble if you do it"

"Trust me, I will not see anything."

"You can, if you want.", I muttered under my breath.

"Anyway, I am wearing a vest." I added "If you ask I will get rid of that too."

"Not at all, please."

I removed my shirt at last, sitting with half closed eyes and a sullen pout as my sleep got disturbed. She is the only woman who can disturb me like this and put an end to my stubbornness. However, the moment her hand touched my neck, the sullen pout turned into a smile. A simple touch of Bondita changed my mood from grumpy to happy.