Chapter-84: Anirudh Eavesdrops On Thakuma's Discourse

{A/N: Dear readers, 

Your wishes did help me to write my midterm exams well. I couldn't thank you then, but I read each of your comments and took all of your wishes before going to the exams. Thank you, thank you , thank you so much, for the wishes, support and patience too.}

That evening while returning from school, I met an old couple who were selling sarees on the road. They didn't seem to be happy, probably because of the poor sales that day. It was very much evident from the bundle that lay full before them. While I was worrying at their plight and thinking about the circumstances that made them to take up the task at this age, the old woman called me.

"Son, won't you see some saris for your newlywed wife?"

I was a little startled at her reference to my wife.

"How are you able to say that I am a newlywed? Do you know me somehow?", I asked in surprise.

The couple looked at each other and chuckled, confusing me further.

"The glow on your face says everything.", commented the old lady, looking at her husband, to seek his agreement; and the old man nodded with a chuckle.

"What did you even do to me Bondita?", I thought, "Look what the world is saying. If this is my state without getting married, then imagine what I would become when we really get married. I think we should hide in a room away from the world for a few days to save ourselves from embarrassment and teasing."

While thinking this way, I involuntarily blushed, giving more room for gossip around my false marriage. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the old woman asked, "How does she look like?"

"Who?", I asked nonchalantly.

"Who else; your wife."

I smiled widely before answering, "She is too beautiful to describe in words. Did man ever succeed in describing the beauty of Nature?"

"I can't say about the success rate, but he had definitely made an attempt. You too try and describe your wife's beauty, so that I can suggest you some suitable saris for her.", the old lady curiously asked.

Although buying a sari was neither in my plan nor in my budget, I got excited when the old couple asked me about Bondita and started describing her.

"She is soft and delicate like the first rays of the sun; cool and pleasant like the full moon; soothing to the eyes like the sprouting leaves and blooming flowers; full of life like the flowing rivers; uncatchable like a flying bird; unattainable like the essence of the creation. She is like the Nature, evergreen and ever interesting; a unique creation that is beautiful from inside and outside."

I concluded the oral description but my thoughts kept wandering around Bondita, until the aged sari seller interrupted once again.

"The way you described your wife speaks so much about your love and your personality.", the lady praised, "I thought you would tell about your wife's skin colour or other physical features. However, the way you spoke about her essence is telling us that you truly love her for what she is, rather than her physical form."

"Also, your description is raising curiosity to see who that fortunate girl is.", the old woman added before picking up few saris from the bundle and placing them before me.

"Here son, check these. There is a vibrant red, terrific maroon, pleasant pink, magnificent magenta and crimson red. These must suit your wife's personality well."

I fell in love instantly with the crimson red one and asked the lady to pack the same. It was three rupees, a simple cotton sari, which didn't match in any way with what the Roy Chowdhary women would usually wear. But I couldn't disappoint those old people by refusing to buy. Hence, I spent the last penny in my pocket and took a sari for Bondita. While returning, I took the details of that couple and promised to visit them sometime later in future.