Chapter-83- The Debate of Who Stole A Kiss

I threw myself on the bed as Bondita was not present in the room. Although I missed her presence a lot, I was busy thinking about the events happened that day. What all happened in a span of sixteen hours! It was incredible. Bondita and I confessed our love to one another, embraced each other, spent some blissful moments and finally I was kissed by Bondita. I went crazy and rolled on the bed from one corner to the other. This finishing touch to the day was too overwhelming that I almost went mad.

I saw Bondita everywhere in the room and felt her lips on my cheek again and again. Sleep too left me alone to my distress or it would be better to say that Bondita took away my sleep with her, along with my heart and sanity. I sniffed the bed sheet and caressed it to feel her smell.

"Sweetheart, why are you troubling your sakha babu like this?", I moaned, "You should have at least spared my sleep, so that I could've dealt with your absence. But no; as always you want to play with your sakha babu, isn't it?"

There were still three hours for the sun to rise and for me to meet Bondita again. "But what would I do on seeing her?", I asked myself, "Should I thank her? Hug her? Or kiss her?" I sat up placing a hand on my chest at the idea of kissing her. "How does it feel to kiss those soft chubby cheeks of hers? And how will she react?", I wondered, passing a hand through my hair and smiling at the imagination.

Then I remembered our hugs and how I kissed her on forehead many times. But all those happened in intense emotional moments and didn't involve anything carnal. They were spontaneous expressions of our innocent love and emotional attachment. Therefore, the feeling of approaching Bondita romantically was beyond my imagination. I regretted the fact that there were still some hours before I can realise what my imagination feels like.

After what felt like an eternity, I dozed off into sleep by holding the pillow close to my heart and murmuring, "I love you Bondita."

Throughout the night I was counting the number of minutes left for sunrise, but when it was actually the time to wake up, I slept soundly, until Bisnu kaka reminded me about school. The first thing I remembered as soon as I woke up was the kiss and my hand immediately went to that blessed cheek.

"Babu moshoi, I was asked by your wife to wake you up. You're getting late to school. Please make it fast"

I grinned caressing my cheek thereby leaving the poor househelp perplexed.

"Raja babu, it's getting late. Please get ready soon.", he repeated; but none of his words made sense to me, while I still sat on the bed grinning cheekily without blinking my eyes, as if possessed by a ghost.

"Babu, are you fine?", asked a perplexed Bisnu kaka by moving his hands before my eyes and bringing me out of the trance.

"Oh, good morning Bisnu kaka.", I greeted, "What are you doing here? Do you need something?"

He gaped at me in fear while scratching his head. "I will better send your wife. I think you're not feeling well.", he said before sprinting out of the room. I shrugged and continued with my morning routine absentmindedly.

In the dining room, I was getting desperate to see Bondita but somehow she didn't show up, which made me restless. However, smile refused to leave my face even for a minute and neither the memory of the kiss.

"Where is Rani?", I asked to no one in particular and to everyone present there.

"She is in the kitchen.", answered Kamala. I frowned for a moment that she didn't show me her face yet, before getting lost in the last night's spell again.

Thakuma who seemed to have noticed my changed behaviour asked with concern, "Raja, you seem to be lost. Is everything okay?"

I grinned at her without answering anything as she examined me in amusement.