Chapter-49: Anirudh Meets Bondita

"Dear Vaijayanthi,

If you ask my view on the story you told, I will say that both of them, the plant and the gardener are right in their respective places. The man, who cared the plant like his life, will always place its well-being before his happiness. It should be that way too. He, who is a true gentleman, will never claim his rights even on the things which are entitled to him. Love is not about claiming but freeing. Take the example of your lover parrot and you. In the same way, the plant choosing to be with its saviour is also hundred percent right. It is not at all a foolish act. However, that decision can only be made by the plant and not the man. I hope you got your reply.

Kind regards,

Anirudh.

I wrote the letter and placed it under the sand clock on the study table, to send it to Vaijainthi. This girl seemed mysterious to me. If these siblings weren't related to Subbu, I should have definitely gone in search of her; because, her logic and reasoning seemed so familiar to me. I admit that it reminded me of Bondita.

However, I wasn't in a position to trust my mind either; owing to the emotionally vulnerable state that I was in. I am so addicted to Bondita that I found her everywhere around me. So, it would really be foolish to doubt on anyone, as, all that I was able to see at that time was Bondita and nothing beyond her.

A couple of days passed and it was finally Sunday. I had to go to Krishnanagar to check the truthfulness of a land dispute case. I had to check if the land really belonged to my client or not. The thought of Krishnanagar filled my mind with a wave of indescribable emotion. Although, meeting Bondita was not in my agenda, I still felt very nervous to go to the place where she was residing. Yet, it was something I couldn't avoid and hence got ready to go.

Then, Bihari, who came to clean my room, had complimented, "Barrister Babu, you are looking so good today. Just like a groom who is going to meet his prospective bride for the first time."

"Bihari...", I took his name in a serious tone at first, making him nervous. The next moment I smiled making him relax.

"Don't worry Bihari, I am not going to see any girl." I said, looking at the mirror, "Well, tell this, what difference you found in me today? I got dressed as usual."

I wore a white striped sky blue shirt, complimenting it with a pair of black trousers, along with my golden watch and golden rimmed spectacles. Although I liked his compliment, I couldn't find any difference in my look. I was the same since the last six years. Somehow, Bihari thought that I grew more handsome all of a sudden.

"I don't know all that Barrister Babu, but I can tell one thing. Clothes can only enhance your glow, while the real glow comes from within. May be, after all these years, you are happy now; which could be the reason for this change. I pray to Durga ma to keep you happy always.", he said and got back to his work.

I removed my spectacles and looked at my face once again in the mirror. A delicate smile appeared on my face. If what Bihari said was right, after six long years, I was happy again; but why? For once, a thought flashed in my mind like, "Am I in lo...."

Before the chain of thoughts could continue, I broke them by wearing my spectacles and not looking at my eyes in the mirror. Probably, I was afraid to meet my own eyes, as they never lie.

When I went downstairs, my entire family was waiting there without breaking their fast, while the food was served on the table. My father invited me to have breakfast with them. Over the last six years, roles in our house seemed to have reversed. My father who was once a very mechanical human, seem to crave for family time and I, who is emotional, preferred to stay alone by locking myself in the study or in my old bedroom. Baba had finally found his happiness at home and I have lost mine at London.