Chapter-92- Bondita Is Appointed As Anirudh's Junior

Inside Bondita's bedroom, she sat on the bed with me on a chair beside it and we began conversing about our upcoming tasks.

"Well, barrister Bondita Das, there's a vacancy in my office for the post of a junior lawyer. Would you like to join?", I offered a job to the first lady barrister of Bengal who stood before me wearing her barrister robe.

"Oh my God!", she exclaimed, "When the great mister barrister is offering a job, do I have an option to say no?"

I chuckled. "You always have an option to say no and decide the best for your life. You can say no if..."

Before I could speak further, Bondita interrupted, "You are the best. There is nothing beyond you.", giving me the highest recognition and warming my heart all over again.

"If you flatter your senior like this, he will have to be too partial towards you, madam.", I remarked flirtatiously, causing her cheeks to gain colour.

Overcoming the rising heat in her system, she asked with a bashful smile, "Should I have to flatter someone who is already smitten with me?"

There she was- on point and apt! Her logic excited the lover and teacher in me at the same time. However, masking all the thrill I was getting from this argument, I teased her very casually, "Remember, it is your sakha babu who is smitten with you and not your senior."

"Well, in that case sir", she spoke with a mischievous glint in her eyes, "let me tell you, barrister Bondita Das only speaks truth. Still, if it sounds as a flattery and threatens your sense of impartiality, then it is not at all my fault."

We both laughed at our amusing banter.

"So, shall I take it as yes?", I tried to confirm once again.

"Of course yes, sakha babu. Should I remind you that I am already your junior and you are offering my post to me again?"

"Oh yes. A fortnight ago I had a young beautiful naughty boy named Arjun in my office. He was so annoying yet my favourite.", I laughed, "He used to do everything else except court work. One fine day he turned into my Bondita, captivating my soul forever."

"No, you are wrong.", Bondita opposed and rephrased the sentence, "There is a beautiful naughty girl called Bondita, who got separated from her sakha babu for good reasons. When the reasons for separation didn't hold validity anymore, she came back to her soul mate and found him still running away from her. In order to cage him forever in her love, she turned into a boy called Arjun and joined in her sakha babu's office."

"I am sorry, sweetheart.", I apologised, holding her hands.

"Do not mention, please."

"Alright; so your first assignment will be to collect evidences against Chandrachur. If we have to send him to jail and prove him guilty in court, we need to have some proofs against him.", I said, which pushed Bondita into deep thought.

"What happened?", I asked concernedly.

"Before collecting evidences I feel it is important to learn what type of a criminal he is." she said, taking me by surprise.

"Can you elaborate?", I narrowed my eyes.

"Sakha babu, before thinking of sending him to jail, I want to learn in which level his sickness is."

"He is a criminal who harbours romantic feelings for his wife's sister. He is cheating his wife along with polluting the piousness of marriage and also insults her by talking ill about her.", I seriously stated.

"Besides he attacked you and also gave false information about mother's health, for which I want to kill him.", Bondita chimed in, "But...."

I intently listened.

Bondita's expression turned sad as she said, "What will happen to Tupur's life?"

I sighed in despair. There's nothing much I could say about it. It was all in the Bondita's hands to take an appropriate decision as it is related to her family; although I don't support the idea of Tupur staying with Chandrachur.

"I am sorry sakha babu. I don't have the slightest intention to save your culprit, but currently I am in a moral conflict. I don't know how my sister sees this whole thing and what would be her decision. In spite of all this, if she still chooses her husband, then my hands will be tied up. So, before anything, I want to talk to Tupur over this matter. Otherwise God knows what will happen if thakuma's wishes come true and Tupur gets pregnant."

"It is up to you Bondita. I am giving this case to you. However, I will protect you and also Tupur if needed. You take the call on how to approach the issue; as a barrister or as a sister.", I stated. "Still, I want to tell you that, when you wear this barrister robe, you are not anyone's relative. The only thing that should guide you is the sense of justice. I hope you will keep this in mind."

"Always.", she grinned, "And thank you."

I gave an assuring smile before asking, "Alright, tell me, in these three days did your annoying brother-in-law trouble you? I mean any inappropriate advances or something like that? I might sound insecure and creepy, but protecting you is my responsibility; for which I need to know if there's anything serious. Lest, I cannot let you stay in this house, under the same roof where your presumed predator also lives." "Bondita, I don't doubt your capabilities or strength. Still, I have a mother's heart which cannot be satisfied easily until it makes sure that her child is safe."

Bondita smiled with love filled eyes that turned moist.

"This is what makes me fall for you sakha babu.", she said, pausing for a while. "Coming to Chandrachur, he didn't make any inappropriate advances so far. He didn't cross his limit in such ways except that he hurt you and played with my emotions by giving false information about mother's health."

Bondita further added, "When I asked him the reason behind telling such a serious lie, he revealed that he got to know about our elopement and wanted to save the honour of Das family. So, he devised a plan without the knowledge of thakuma to call me back. He is pretending to be a great son-in-law. He even covered up for me before thakuma, when she got surprised to find me back home too early from a pilgrimage. According to her, I must return after one month or something."

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "It means, he is trying to impress you and thakuma by behaving like a responsible son-in-law."

"In fact, yes.", laughed Bondita, "However, he doesn't know that Bondita will never stoop so low and marry her brother-in-law, no matter how responsible or loyal he is towards our family."

"Damn the loyalty!", I exclaimed, "He is not loyal to his legally wedded wife but trying to own her family. What a joke!"

"What is to be done, sir? Everyone is not like my sakha babu.", reflected my sakhi, earning a boastful smile from me.

"I promise Bondita, even in my absence I will ensure your safety and take care of you. I will not let you fight alone.", I assured, softly squeezing her hand that was in my clasp.

...............................................................

Do press the star if you liked what you read and share your reviews. Even if you didn't like, share the same in comments. It keeps the story going.  Thanks and regards.