Chapter-53: Anidita Come A Step Closer

"Sakha babu, do you know what is the most serious disease that the world is suffering from?", Bondita asked, as we walked through the garden.

"Malaria?", I said, while trying to thrash a mosquito that landed on my cheek.

Bondita, who understood my plight, reflexively took the free end of her saree and started to fan, in an attempt to drive away the mosquitoes that wanted attack me. A warm feeling of love took over my heart once again at this gesture of hers. Although I was always used to her care and affection, this time it had stirred up different feelings altogether. These thoughts made me smile and eventually led to steal glances at her. Thankfully, she was busy in fanning and talking that she didn't notice my expressions.

"It would have been very nice if malaria is the only disease existing. At least, we should have hoped for a medicine in future, if not today. However, the disease that I am talking about is related to mind and attitude.", said Bondita.

Due to the magical spell that she had casted on me, I couldn't comprehend what she said. Hence, I had to ask her again about the whole thing.

"Look", she started, "If I feel hungry, I should eat, isn't it?"

"Of course"

"If I have to satiate my hunger, I should eat the food. Just by looking at it, will my hunger satisfy?", she questioned.

"No", I nodded my head doubtfully.

"Well, let us assume that you are feeding me with your hands..", she further went on, making me gulp.

"Your hands can bring the roshogulla only up to my mouth; that's all. It is me who will ultimately have to chew and swallow the roshogulla. Isn't it?"

"You're right Bondita; but why are you twisting your statements like a cook who twists the batter to make a jalebi? Are you done with roshogullas or what?", I joked.

"It may not happen in this lifetime because my heart is forever given to roshogullas.", she dramatically answered.

"Then what about your husband? Poor guy, I pity him.", I murmured instinctively, looking away from her.

"What did you say?", she questioned by raising her eyebrows.

"Not anything, you go ahead.", I let her continue.

"So, if I want to eat a roshogulla, it is impossible without my participation. Then why do people expect things to get sorted out without doing anything from their end? The world is suffering from this disease called 'zero participation'.", Bondita expressed her annoyance.

By then I understood the whole thing. She undoubtedly deserves accolades for her reasoning power. I was overwhelmed once more.

"I couldn't agree more. If we want something, we alone have to get it. Others can only help but it is we who have to buckle our shoes and get into action.". I said.

"Then what is Mr. Indroneel Chatterjee doing? We are getting anxious to help him but he seems to have no interest in his love story. Are you sure about his seriousness towards this love affair?", Bondita asked in a tensed tone.

"I have known him for the last five years. He is a gentleman undoubtedly. After all the drama that happened today in their house, I had asked him to keep quiet until we figure out something. Otherwise, on listening to the news of Noor's marriage, he wanted to meet her then and there. He had also planned to take her away to London after wedding.", I told.

"London?"

"Indeed. It seems Indroneel has been planning this from a long time as he knew their relationship wouldn't be accepted by the society so easily. In spite of that, they wanted to give a chance to their families as both of them are very much attached to their parents. However, now things went out of hands.", I said.