Chapter-82: The First Kiss

"Sweetheart", I addressed my dear lady who held me captive in her embrace, drenching my shirt with tears of love. "I want to gift you so many things in different occasions of our life. Therefore, I suggest you not to empty the entire tank of tears immediately and save some for the future too, when you will need them quite often."

Bondita let out a soft chuckle as she broke the hug and remarked, "So, you have decided to make me cry at any cost?"

"If that is how your body wants to respond to my love and sweet gestures, then why not?", I playfully hit back at her claim, causing her to pump her cheeks up showing fake agitation.

"Nevertheless, your eyes are not going to be the only ones filled with happy tears but mine too. My eyes will loyally reciprocate every emotion of yours; because I can feel all that you feel. Shotti.", I divulged, looking soulfully into her eyes that glistened once again.

"I know it, sakha babu. We are essentially one soul residing in two bodies."

I admitted with a nod and a wide grin. Then my attention fell on the container of vermillion that was still in my hand.

"Bondita, let me return this precious asset of yours which I had snatched away from you for good reasons. Today, by giving this back, I promise you a life time of love and faithful commitment, thereby handing over myself completely to you. This is indeed a physical proof of the fact that I was yours and will always be yours, not only in this birth but the upcoming births too; only if you won't get tired and bored of me. I am at your mercy now.", I confessed, giving the gachkouto.

"Sakha babu", Bondita emotionally sighed, holding my hands. "Every act of your love is touching me so deeply that I am literally having a hard time to bear this euphoria. I still cannot figure out what virtues do I possess to obtain a man like you as my partner. You don't know how many times I thank god for sending you into my life. So the question of getting tired and bored of you doesn't have any existence in my life. In fact, I will choose you over and over again, not leaving you in any birth, even if you want to get rid of me. For, I am yours and only yours.

If you remember, in the very first letter that you happened to receive from me, I introduced myself as 'my mother's Bondita'. But within no time, I had started seeing myself as 'my pati babu's Bondita' and this is how I want to get identified now. In actuality, I don't belong to this world anymore, sakha babu. I don't even belong to myself. I only belong to you."

"Bondita...you...", I couldn't hold my tears anymore and began crying happily. Just like her, even I was having a hard time to tolerate this euphoric feeling of love. I was getting carried away with every kind act and word of Bondita. Perhaps this is what called as the union of two souls. While my eyes were passionately admiring the angel standing before me, she held the end of her pallu asking me to place the gachkouto on it.

When I did as she pleased, Bondita reverentially took it to her forehead and closed her eyes as a sign of respect, before tying it to her saree. Even though I didn't know why she tied it to her sari, I smiled at the way she honoured it. Then, to my surprise, she asked, "Sakha babu, why don't you make me wear this precious necklace too?", pointing to the string of pearls in her hand.

"Are you sure, you want to wear it in this form?"

"I said precious, didn't you hear? Please tie this around my neck.", she requested, passing the string to me. As I approached to tie, Bondita lifted her braid to give me access to her neck. The proximity to her face and contact with her exposed neck did mysterious things to my body as well as mind. It felt like someone was tickling me from within. That was when I noticed Bondita's face.