13.

Happy Reading Guys..

Srikant wanted to pull his son's legs. They somewhere down the line had the idea of he being in love with Nandu but they wanted them to figure it out themselves. Srikant was really happy for both of them. He knew Manik would take care of his daughter , when no one else can ever do the same . They were still very young for this decision , so Sri just wanted to leave this matter here itself. 

Nandu nugged Nyonika with her face "Mumma how you and papa met." Nyonika's face blushed with shy, Manik was also interested to know their love story now. Srikant hugged her wife  and sat down saying their love story. 

Srikant : So It was a one sided love come arrange marriage. Nyo was working on my company, as an employee in the accounts department. She was beautiful,  hard working, caring and quite lady. I was falling for her  everyday. But I was still working as an intern under my dad. 

You remember Nyo our first official talk in front of my dad. (Nyonika smiled at him saying Srikant shut up, you were a road side Romeo back then.) 

Manik chuckled at their fights and nandu's eyes came out of sockets listening to this. srikant continued

Srikant : So Nyonika came to discuss some accounts related problem with dad when i was lost in her beauty. I always used to look at her from a distance. Nyonika pointed her fingers to me and asked "What do you want , why are you eyeing me as if you will eat me raw." Dad was surprised listening to this and i was just praying to god to swallow me up in embarrassment.  Dad was very strict when it comes to any of his employees. Once Nyonika was out, dad said me he will look into the cctv footage and if i am found guilty he will suspend me for a month. He was always very concerned for a women's safety.

I was so petrified , with the thought that I instantly blurted out, dad I think I like her. Dad stopped on his tracks listening to this and said in a serious tone "Are you 100% sure about this , Shall i talk to their parents. I know her personally , she is a very good by heart, she is working for this company last 5 years. 

I requested him to wait for some days , as i wanted to know her feelings as well, does she have any bf or she loves someone else. 

Dad agreed to me but with a condition that he will keep a watch on me , and one wrong behavior, I am suspended for 6 months. 

Then me and Nyonika started hanging out and I got to know her better, she was a kind hearted feisty women. (He winked at her when Nyonika slapped him lightly on his face.) I was falling for her every day and when i finally voiced out my feelings after 4 months she just turned me down saying I know it. (Manik and Nandini burst out in laughter ) 

Then one day I decided to tell my father about this. This lady used to royally ignore me whenever i tried to tell my feelings for her . 

Then dad did a best thing ever, He went to talk to her father and this is the way we had an arrange marriage. I was very sure she wouldn't accept for this marriage but to my surprise madam accepted it just in a single day. 

Nyonika royally ignored him again saying "I was testing your patience level, that will you lash out at me on small things or will you have the patience to deal with me forever in which you passed. Why do you think i was dressing beautifully ? It was a trap for you." (She pinched his cheeks playfully when Sri made a bad face)

Srikant's jaws dropped listening to this when he said "I will shut your mouth tonight." Nandini sighed away snuggling in her arms "Mumma- papa you are the best and this Manii he is grumpy little boy." nyonika giggled at him when Manik too whined like his dad.

Then at night, they had their family dinner out in  a restaurant and Nyonika and Sri stayed in the nearby hotel with Nandu. Manik was finally relived looking at his happy family. 

They ended the day on a happy note, this family always beloved in resolve any kind of fight talking them out before sleep so that they don't carry baggage for the next day. This rule was made by Manik's grandfather and it went through generations.

Next Morning.. 

Srikant and nyonika took Nandu along with them to their hostel , and they returned back to Mumbai. Nandini and Manik attended their classes , Nandu wanted to surprise him so she booked an auto to his flat. 

Manik was shocked to see her "Why are you here Nandini , you should go back, I am busy today."

Nandini entered inside and slumped down in bed saying "Manik water please, I am very thirsty." 

He gave her the bottle and went to the balcony sipping his coffee. Nandini go, I am busy right now, I am not in a correct state of mind to talk to you. I need time. Leave me alone. Nandini went behind him and pulled him by his collars 

Nandini : What do you think you are, superhero ho, batman ho, spiderman ho.

I came to Kota just because of you Manik Malhotra. Yes I love you, suna tumne I love you. Kaise bolu urdu me bolu, bangla me bolu. Idiot , Stupid, Learn from dad , he never gave up on mom.  Yes I was sad that day, I didn't know what to do Manik. I am sorry for my behavior. She cried in his arms like a baby. 

Manik sighed at her doll "Jaana, look at me....... Don't cry you will fall ill baby." 

Nandini  : You are very bad, but still I love you. 

Manik said kissing on her forehead "i love you too janna." 

Nandini jumped on his arms wrapping her legs on his waist "Maniii kiss me."

He just held him strongly and walked towards the bedroom without paying heed to her rants. he threw her on bed and locked he door. Nandini was rubbing her back due to sudden hit and glared at him with sharp eyes. Manik rolled his eyes and said hovering her "What do you think of yourself Ms. Nandini Malhotra , you can just walk away from me whenever you want to, and just come and hug me saying I love you."

Manik : I am sick and tired of it Nandini, its better if you concentrate on your studies, i know you are here for me in kota, no worries continue your studies, you should be thankful to yourself that you got the platform way early then me.  Shape yourself, I am not gonna be with you every time. I am sorry that may be i forced you with my feelings but now I cannot take the blame of spoiling you in your career as well. 

Even I feel for you but let's just take a break, I am really mad at you. I have my exam in 1 month. I have many things lined up to do, Please go to your hostel, focus on your studies. anyways I am in Kota for next 2 months. 

Nandini had tears in her eyes looking at manik talking to rudely with her for the first time in her life. 

Manik : Don't cry Nandu , be strong I am not denying my love for you, but I cannot afford to go through the same I went from last 24 hours. I cannot loose you. Lets be friends , we will figure it out once you shape your career and be confident enough to take your decisions. 

He kissed her forehead and said "Take care Nandini, focus and study well, life doesn't just stop by loving someone, its way beyond that. Try to face your own problems yourself. Its already late, Come i will drop you."

Nandini took her bag and went out "Thankyou manik, I can go by myself, take care."

Manik nodded in agreement and closed the door with tears falling down his eyes, he knew he had hurt her beyond limits but that was needed for her. She was still naïve to face the cruelty of life. She denied his love very easily, he was always emotional with Nandu. He had suppressed his feelings from last 4 years. He was happy at his own space.  

He just sat there with his book solving questions and keeping himself busy with work.

Done with the update guys..

I know its boring, but something interesting on its track. Do you have any idea please dm me I would love to keep it in the track with credits. Else it would go with this flow.

Do you think Manik was wrong ?

How was Srikant's and Nyonika's love story ?

Thankyou Lovelies.

Lisha.