008. level 3

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

      King For A Day: Pierce The Veil, Kellin  Quinn

"Brianna, hi." Martha waves as I head over with my headphones around my neck.

"Hi." I reply. "Wait, step back." I shove my iPod in my hoodie pocket as I walk past Clark and then lift up the truck by the back. "The exhaust snapper." I nod to the ground and Jonathan grabs it from under the truck.

"Thanks, Brianna." Jonathan places it aside.

"It's what I'm here for, quite literally." I slowly release the car and dust my hands off against my jeans. "You wanted to see me. Am I fired? I didn't ride any cows. At least not yet."

"No, you're not fired." He chuckles. "C'mon." He nods his head to the side. "I'll be right back, sweetheart." He tells Martha and I follow him inside the house. "You want anything?"

"I ate on my way here, thanks." I shove my hands in my hoodie pockets. "So what's up?"

"That girl from school, Blair, she stopped by a few days ago and asked if you were here. But by the sound of her condescending tone, I could tell she was really here to see me and Martha. Because she gave me this." He grabs a tape from the drawer and holds it up.

"I see. So, what did you think?"

"I didn't watch it."

"But deep down you want to. I get it, it's okay."

"No, Brianna, no." He shakes his head. "It's not okay. Now, I want you to tell me whether I should burn this or take it down to the police station." He hands me the tape and I stare at it before walking over to the tv.

I turn it on and slip the tape into the slot. I press a few buttons and the video pops up. I then grab the remote and turn the volume up a few notches. The video of me running across the field starts to play.

"You should watch it. So you're not kept out of the loop, you know?" I hand him the remote. "I'll see you later, Jon." I nod before leaving and I walk down the stairs.

"Brianna." Martha heads over.

"You don't wanna miss the movie. I'll see you later, Martha." I faintly grin and walk past her. I put my headphones back on my ears and take out my iPod. I shuffle through the songs and Hit 'Em Up by 2Pac comes on. I turn it up a few notches and place my iPod back in my hoodie pocket.

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey." I walk over to Mateo.

"Hey." Mateo replies.

"Listen, I'm really sorry I stood you up at Lana's party. Pete's friend was in trouble and calling you just slipped my mind."