021. drops of jupiter

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"B! I need your opinion." Miles walks over and shows me some magazine pages. "Classic black or traditional red?"

"For what?" I shove my my notebook in my locker.

"My tie-cummberband combo. I gotta get my tux order in today!"

"If I were you, I'd stick with the traditional black. This is no time to get adventurous."

"You're right."

"I always am." I close my locker.

"I don't know, Miles. Red always looks good on you." Lana walks over to us.

"Then red it is." Miles nods.

"Thank you for saving me pain." I inquire.

"Anytime." Lana chuckles. "You seem really excited about the dance."

"I am. But between the tickets, renting the tux, and buying flowers, it gets expensive." Miles tells her.

"You should try finding the right dress. I guess the limo's out."

"I'm actually thinking of asking Lex if I can borrow his. Chloe said she doesn't care, but deep down, I know she wants one. I'm trying to surprise her though, so keep it between us."

"My lips are sealed."

"I'll probably forget about it so I can't tell anyone." I shrug and Lana laughs before I see Chloe looking upset from a few feet away. "Chloe?" I walk over to her before Lana, Miles and Clark join in.

"They're closing the LuthorCorp Plant." Chloe informs.

                ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Brianna, come in." Jonathan grins and I enter the house.

"Hi, Brianna." Martha smiles.

"Hi, Martha. Hi, Jon." I reply. "Kent, I believe you are still withholding a few things that belong to me."

"But they're my hostages." Clark tells me.

"Not if you don't torture them a little."

"Is there something you wanna tell me?"

"Yes, actually, I do." I nod. "You have about fifty seconds to the loft and back." I look at my watch.

"What?" Clark questions.

"Forty eight, forty seven, forty six." I count down and Clark gives me a playful glare before leaving. "Forty five, forty four, and...sucker." I lower my arm, making Martha and Jonathan laugh.