014. club zero

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

       ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    In The Night: The Weeknd

"Hey, hero." Pete walks over with Chloe and Clark as I open my locker.

"How's your neck?" Chloe hugs me and I freeze.

"Uh, it's—it's fine." I reply.

"Sorry. Sorry." She pulls away. "I forgot you don't like being touched. I'm sorry."

"I'll give you a pass, considering." I look at the bag in her hand.

"The rare, sold out sour kind. As promised." She hands me the bag filled with Coke and Mentos.

"Thank you. Alright, all of you, my backyard after school."

"Do we need to bring a hazmat suit?" Pete asks.

"Your body, your choice." I fix my hood on my head and then grab my science book. "So what can I do for you ordinary citizens?"

"Who'd you get for Mister Austin's class?"

"Miles." I shove a notebook into my locker. "What about you guys?"

"I got yours truly." Chloe looks at Clark.

"Condolences."

"Can you guess who Clark has?"

"I don't need to guess. Save me the extra mouth movement." I inquire before Pete and Chloe give me looks, making me exhale. "Oh, don't tell me, Lana Lang." I look at Clark. "Oh my god, just look at his face. You don't have to see it."

"Actually, you might want to." Pete hands me Clark's paper and I look at my name on it.

"You have to be shitting me."

"My exact thought when I pulled out the piece of paper." Clark nods.

"Aw, I think it's great. You two spending some quality time together." Miles walks up and wraps his arm around my neck.

"And on that humble note." I close my locker with a grimace and walk away.

"Hey." Mateo heads over to me.

"Hi." I grin before kissing him.

"Who'd you get for Mister Austin's class?"

"Miles. What a shock." I raise my eyebrows and he chuckles. "How about you?" I pull my hood off my head.

"Lana." Mateo shows me his paper.

"Lucky. Lana's a babe."

"Is there something I should know about?"

"Lana and I briefly dated. It was for like, ten seconds, but..."

"Huh. I guess I have competition then." Mateo tells me.