026. byron moore

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Morning." Clark says and I stop in my tracks as he sits by the counter.

"Morning." I reply. "What's up?"

"Told my parents I'd go out and get breakfast. And I wanted to see you."

"You don't need to keep apologizing. Your allergic reaction was at fault, not you. It's water under the bridge."

"Bri, a woman in my section wants to know if we do anything gluten-free." Jackie walks over to me. "What do I tell her?"

"Tell her she's not allergic to gluten, she's just masking an eating disorder." I head out from the counter while carrying three plates. "Look alive, people. Club sandwich, burger medium, and a shrimp salad for the gamblin' man. Lunch for breakfast, that's new one. But I like it." I serve the family their food.

"I asked for salt and pepper." The son says and I take out the shakers from my apron.

"I wanted mayonnaise and mustard." The father inquires and I take out the packets from my hoodie pocket.

"You forgot my diet soda." The mother tells me and I take it out from the back pocket of my apron.

"Enjoy." I head back to the counter. "What do you want?"

"Surprise me." Clark nods. "Then we'll go to school. Unless you can't, you look busy."

"That's why I took a morning shift. I'm going to school." I pour him some water and head into the kitchen.

"Great. I'll wait until you're done and we can go together. You can put your bike in the trunk."

"If that's what it'll take for you to stop being nice to me, I'll happily oblige."

         ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Ah, the sentiment's nice. But the fact that you found this in a graveyard seems a little Amityville." Chloe looks down at the letter as we walk down the hallway.

"I think it's kind of romantic. I haven't had a love letter since third grade." Lana replies. "It seems like a lost art."

"Hey." Miles wraps his arm around my neck.

"Hey." I grin.

"Not true, not true. This morning in Trig, I intercepted a note from a wrestler to a cheerleader. It wasn't exactly poetic, but, um, he definitely got his point across." Chloe informs.

"Who do you think wrote it?" Pete joins us.

"I have no idea." Lana tells him as we enter the Torch.

"Hey, guys." Clark heads over. "So, what's going on?"

"Lana has a secret admirer." Chloe says.

"It's nothing." Lana shakes her head.