075. arkham

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

               ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"I told you never to come back here!" Jim shoves Oswald against the wall.

"I told you not to hit him until I get here!" I head over.

"I know. I know. I-I apologize. But I-I just wanted to speak with you. The both of you." Oswald stammers.

"No! If Falcone finds out you're alive, he'll kill us." Jim inquires.

"I got no place else to go. Gotham is my home."

"I should've killed you. I should put a bullet in your head right now." He pulls away from Oswald.

"And you would have every right to do so. But you won't, Jim Gordon, because you're a good man. Just like your partner." He looks at me. "You may very well be the last good people in Gotham, and that's why I wanna help you."

"We don't want your help."

"No, no, but you need it. That vile creature Fish Mooney, Don Falcone, the police—not even your other partner trusts you. They will always hide the truth from you! But not me. Never." He chuckles. "You saved my life."

"God knows I wish I hadn't." Jim heaves.

"Either of you kill me now or trust me!" Oswald holds out a bottle to us. Jim waves his arm out in front of me before I step forward and roughly smack the bottle out out of Oswald's hand. "I told you there's a war coming."

"Yeah, you said that on the phone!" I snap.

"There will be so many deaths. So many. You wanna save Gotham? I can help you. I can be your guys's secret agent.

"Until Falcone finds out you're alive." Jim tells him.

"Nobody looks for a dead man."

This war...what are you talking about? Why will there be a war?" I question.

"Well, as you know, war is just politics by other means.
And isn't politics just money, talking?"

"Talking about what?" Jim clenches his jaw.

"Like I told Brianna on the phone—Arkham. Of course." Oswald chuckles and takes off as a group of girls enter the alleyway.

                     •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Brady, how you feeling?" Captain asks as we head up the steps.

"I'm good Captain." I nod.

"Hey, Gordon."

"Captain." Jim takes off his jacket and I pull my hood off my head.