028. lineage

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Kent!" I slowly walk towards his house with tired eyes. "Kent." I tiredly slur out. I groan as I head up the stairs. "I am not in the mood to beat you up today." I head inside before my body hits the door, making me yawn. "Kent!" I groan again as I keep my tired eyes closed.

"Excuse me, I don't like when people are loud in the morning." I hear Clark say and I open my eyes to see him eating toast by the counter.

"You were there the whole time."

"Yep." He nods.

"And you made and heard me yell your name, not once, not twice, but three times, which wasted the last bit of energy I never had."

"Uh-huh." Clark smiles as he chews his toast.

"Death and it's going to be painful." I walk over to the counter.

"Mom, dad." He mocks.

"I want your parents to know. That way, in court, it'll just be hearsay." I take the toast from his hand and I eat it.

"She's got a point, son." Jonathan speaks up and Martha laughs.

"You're my number one fan, Jon." I nod at him before rubbing my head.

"You want tea?" Clark asks.

"If you want me to completely pass out on your kitchen floor."

"Sounds peaceful."

"You and me both." I take the other piece of toast out of my hand.

"You took one already." Clark goes to take it back, but I punch him in the stomach. "Ow!"

"I'm more tired. I need it." I sniffle before taking a bite of the toast.

"Studying for the exam?" Martha guesses.

"And serving tables at the same time. And helping my mom and Layton at the Inn. You wanna talk about Greek Tragedy, just look up my name." I finish the first piece of toast."

"Do you even know how it ends?" Clark questions.

"Yes, jackass, of course I know. Hera takes all. And I'm half Greek from my mom's side, I can make the joke."

"I don't think those two correlate-"

"Yes, it does. Agree with me or die."

"Okay." He nods.

"Smart answer." I nod back. "Did you study?"

"Yeah, I was up all night."

"God, it's even too much work to eat." I huff as I look at the piece of toast in my hand.

"In that case." Clark goes to take the piece of toast from the corner of my eye and I grip his wrist before twisting his arm. "Ow! Hey."

"I was wrong. I am in the mood to beat you up." I finally let go of him and continue to eat my toast.