044. exodus

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

        ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"What are you doing?" I hear Clark say as I look at the pale blue sky through the telescope from my roof.

"Got an extra credit paper on different types of clouds." I reply.

"You need extra credit?"

"A 105 never hurt no one." I inquire and he scoffs.

"I thought all clouds were the same." Clark tells me.

"Not even close." I look away and pick up my notebook before handing it to him.

"There's like thirty types of clouds here."

"Twenty four to be exact."

"And you find this interesting?"

"I find many things interesting, Kent. Including this."

"How? Why?"

"Cause it's science and I like science." I take my notebook. "And I already saw a few of them move."

"Really?" Clark looks through the telescope. "Hey, there's a really big one."

"That's cumulonimbus. Thank you." I tick it off the list of clouds. "Tell me when it's moving."

"Do they depend on weather or affect it?"

"Yeah." I nod. "Cumulonimbus clouds grow on hot days. When warm, hot air rises them very high in the sky and from far away, they look like huge mountains." I pick up my water bottle and sip some.

"I think it's moving."

"Here." I hand him a pair of binoculars before I look through the telescope. "It is! Holy shit, it's rising. Yes, I was right! As usual." I look away and turn to the page of my report before I add a few sentences to it. "What are you hiding in your hand?"

"What?" Clark questions.

"I'm not blind." I turn to him. "Reveal yourself." I urge and he holds up a newspaper. "Why did you feel the need to hide this from me?" I take the newspaper.

"You were so happy about the clouds, didn't wanna rain on your parade." He chuckles at his own joke.

"Don't make me push you off this roof."

   ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Sorry. Sorry." Clark enters the diner as I wipe down the counter.

"You got a girlfriend now, I'll give you a pass this time." I set the rag aside.

"What? I don't-"

"The park is a few blocks down from here. I have eyes. Now I kinda wish I didn't."