045. atlantis

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"This isn't your fault, Brianna." Jonathan says as I stare at the the floor with his hand on my shoulder.

"He's right." Martha sits down. "After everything you've done for us, for Clark, this is not on you, sweetie." I feel her take her hand in mine before the phone rings. "Hello? Clark. Is that you?" She places the phone to her ear. "Please, come home." She begs before holding out the phone and I slowly take it, now placing it to my ear.

I go to speak, but I can't find the words. It's been three months. Three fucking months. Meaning he's had that damn ring on his finger for three months.

"Kent." I force out. "Listen to me, okay? I don't care what you did, or why you did it. I don't care, okay? I'm not gonna ask questions and I'm not angry with you." I start playing with the necklace he got me. "I just need you to come back, okay? Come back." I say through gritted teeth and my eyes start to water before I hear him breathing softly through the other end. "Okay, um, how about you tell me where you are, yeah? Tell me where you are and I'll come get you. I'll find you, take you back home, alright? Just tell me where you are." I lean my arms over my knees. "If you don't tell me, I'll just find you myself. You know I will." I wryly chuckle.

"I miss you." Clark finally speaks on the other end and I pull the phone away before putting my head down.

I close my eyes and let the tears roll my cheeks. I now pick my head back up and I sniffle. I clear my throat before placing the phone back to my ear.

"I miss you too." I whisper back with a grin as I make a fist around the number pendant from the necklace he got me. "Like, a lot. Maybe."

"So do I. Maybe." He chuckles. "I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"Shh, shh. Kent—" I cut myself off before shaking my head.

"The baby."

"You owe me money, Kent. Cause it's a boy. Dominic Miles Brady."

"Dominic. After your dad?"

"Yeah. Yeah, after my dad." I slowly nod.

"Virginia. The internship. Did you go?"

"Just tell me where you are, okay? I'll come get you. Tell me." I whisper and he hangs up. "Dammit!" I slam the phone down before getting up and I start to pace.

"Brianna—" I cut Jonathan off as I head upstairs and I enter Clark's room.

I slam the door before I run my hands up and down my face. I then run my fingers through my hair before sitting down on his bed. I lean my arms over my knees and I shakily exhale. I now look around his room before I see photos of us on his nightstand.