118. oracle

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

              ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"He's here." I run up the stairs as I hear Clark's footsteps get closer.

"Mom?" Clark enters the house and I grin to myself.

"Happy birthday, Clark!" Chloe shouts.

"Happy birthday, Clark!" Margo, Lois and Miles say.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart. Thank God you didn't leave. We got you, didn't we?" Martha inquires.

"Look. And Lois even made her world-famous rum cake for you." Chloe adds.

"From scratch." Lois confirms.

"Wow, I never would have guessed." Miles comments and Lois punches him in the chest, making him grunt.

"You should've seen the first two." Chloe laughs.

"Ah, c'mon, presents before cake." Lois urges.

"C'mon, birthday boy. Sit down." Martha says.

"Open it." Miles crosses his arms.

"Wow." Clark gapes.

"Not that you're the dear diary type, but since you keep everything to yourself I...I thought it might help."

"And since I'm on an intern budget, I figured I could just comp you a couple of those IOU's that you owe me." Chloe jokes.

"Thank you." Clark tells them. "That's dad's handwriting."

"I found it in his desk." Martha informs.

"Two tickets to the Wolverines game in Milwaukee. Right behind home plate."

"Yeah, your dad and his baseball. There was no one in the world he'd rather watch a game with."

"Hey, where's Brianna?" Clark asks.

"I'm so sorry, honey. She couldn't make it. She's been working really hard over at Gotham. They need her there. Especially since she finally became an official officer." Martha tells him and I slowly walk down the stairs while carrying Clark's present.

"Well, I'm gonna call her." He sighs before taking out his phone. "C'mon, pick up." He mutters and I open my phone before it can ring. "Hey, it's me. My mom told me you're stuck at Gotham. Are you okay? I miss you."

"Miss you too, Kent." I reply and Clark turns before I hang up.

"Brianna." Clark rushes over before picking me up.

"Woah." I laugh. "Hey." I hug him before wrapping my legs around his waist and he spins me around. "Hey, there." I pick my head up.

"Hi." He heaves and we share a smile.

"So gullible." I chuckle before pulling away and I hold up a black box. "Open it, dummy." I deadpan and he takes the gift before sitting down.

I sit next to him before Martha, Miles, Lois and Chloe join us. Chloe takes out her camera and Clark opens the box, revealing an amulet with sapphire in the middle.