088. the real lex luthor

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Ow." I tense up as we sit on the floor by the fire in the living room.

"I haven't even touched it yet." Clark tells me.

"I'm just practicing."

"Since when does Brianna Brady ever say, ow?"

"Very true statement, Kent." I grin.

"Stay still." He gently dabs my neck with a cotton swab.

"Mhm." I grab his wrist.

"S-Sorry. I'm sorry."

"It's not you, it's me." I scoff. "Okay, continue." I sit up straighter.

"Really stay still this time, okay? I have to disinfect it."

"Oh, I'm sure you do." I nod and he continues cleaning the scratches on my neck with the cotton swab.

"We should go-"

"Finish that sentence and I'll give you a matching scar." I push some hair behind my ear and grab my hoodie off the coffee table. I start putting it on and he helps me, making sure I don't hurt my neck. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Clark closes the first aid kit. "So, do you have to go back?"

"No, not right now." I shake my head. "Why?" I cross my legs under me.

"Why?" He raises his eyebrows, looking at my neck.

"Look, it was a brief power struggle. Power being me and struggle being the robber."

"Obviously."

"Obviously." I turn forward and pull my knees to my chest. "So, how are your parents?"

"They're good. My mom sent you a care package last week." He tells me.

"Yeah, I got it a few days ago. Tell her to keep sending those chocolate muffins."

"I will." He scoffs and I slowly blink as the warmth of the fire coats my body.

"You know, after all the bloodshed, I don't think I've seen fire in Gotham. Not once."

"Bombs and explosives don't count?"

"Not that fire, jackass. This fire." I nod to the fireplace and he lays a blanket onto both of us. "Thanks." I release my knees from my chest.

"You wanna watch a movie?"

"Eh."

"I'll make my special hot chocolate I serve at the diner that you secretly love."

"You wish." I cross my arms.

"So, sprinkles and a cherry, right?" Clark gets up.

"No, your mother." My phone rings. "Hey, Chloe."