036. lucas luthor

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Wow, sure is peaceful in here this early in the morning." Clark enters the diner as I wipe down the counter.

"The only thing I like about this job." I half joke before placing the rag aside.

"Hey." He leans his arms against the counter.

"Hi?" I furrow my eyebrows before placing my arms against the counter as well.

"How are you feeling?"

"You need something?"

"Just a job." Clark holds up the help wanted sign.

"Here?"

"Well, if I'm gonna work, why not do it where all of my friends are hanging out?"

"I think you came into the wrong place."

"What?"

"This isn't the Talon. It's a few blocks down."

"I already went there."

"Oh, so, Lana shot you down. Ouch." I mimic a knife into my chest. "Love hurts, huh?"

"It has nothing to do with Lana. I'm applying for a good amount of jobs." Clark tells me.

"Like here—the Talon's competition."

"Not the Talon's fault that you're a better cook."

"If you pull another I feel sorry for her compliment, I'm banning you, I swear to God." I turn and open the coffee pot.

"It's true." Clark walks over to me. "Even Lana knows it."

"Does the President?"

"No."

"Then it ain't true." I open the bag of coffee beans.

"I fixed the leak here. And I helped you paint." Clark points out.

"Because I had no other option. Literally. We're talking about eat or be eaten kind of option."

"Ouch."

"Good." I lightly hit his chest with my fist before I pour the coffee beans in the pot. "But talk to Hank, I hear they're hiring over at the hardware store."

"Ouch."

"Music to my ears."

"I really need a job. You get to be my boss." Clark tells me and I turn to see him raise his eyebrows.

"I can put you in the running with the other applicants." I grab an application from under the counter and hand it to him.

"Thanks." He grins.

"Continue to gloat and I'll chop you down like a cherry tree." I pour some water into the coffee pot and then close it. "God, how do people drink this? I get nauseous just from the smell."