112. smallville serial killer commits suicide

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

             ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"After searching the premises, I, along with my step daughter, Brianna Brady, and my friends Lois Lane, Alfred Pennyworth and Selina Kyle, was able to locate the abductee, Bruce Wayne." Jim says as I watch him on tv while sitting in the living room with the others in the kitchen.

"Where was he?" Mister Dent asks.

"Theo Galavan's residence."

"That's when you opened fire?"

"Yes. We eliminated the threat posed by Father Creel and his men, and were able to recover Bruce Wayne."

"You then left to search for Galavan on your own with Brianna Brady."

"That's correct."

"Did you find him?"

"Yes. But Brianna got there first. I came in after."

"Did you detain Galavan?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Captain Barnes and Officer Vargas arrived and placed me under arrest."

"That's because at the time of this incident—some four weeks ago—you were a fugitive from the law." Mister Dent inquires and Margo and Lana sit next to me from the corner of my eye.

"That was a misunderstanding." Jim tells him.

"What happened next?"

"Oswald Cobblepot and two of his associates arrived, rendered Captain Barnes and Officer Vargas unconscious. Cobblepot and his associates escaped with Galavan."

"You then pursued Cobblepot and his men, correct?"

"Yes, but I was unable to locate them."

"At which point, you decided to flee the city before law enforcement could question you?"

"Yes, for that, I have no excuse other than to say I was concerned for the safety of my step children and fiancée. They have been through so much pain because of Galavan. Especially my stepdaughter. I had to get her out of there."

"Detective Gordon, within hours of your encounter, Theo Galavan was found beaten and shot to death. Were you present at the time of his murder?"

"No, I was not."

"Do you have any information regarding the case that you have not shared with us?"

"No, I do not."

"Detective, did you have anything to do with the murder of Theo Galavan? Detective, answer the question. Were you involved in Theo Galavan's murder?"