117. into the woods

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"You left the GCPD?" Chloe sits next to me from the corner of my eye as I stare at the floor with my arms over my knees.

"Yeah." I half whisper. "After Essen."

"Totally valid reason." She slowly rubs my back. "We understand why you couldn't tell us. It's okay, Brianna."

"All that a win is a win bullshit I said, I didn't mean it."

"I know."

"Just thinking about it, knowing I said it, makes me sick to my stomach." A lump forms in my throat.

"I know. I never believed that you meant it. Because I know you, Brianna." Chloe sniffles. "I know you. I know who you are, even if at times you don't."

"I'm sorry, Chloe. I'm so sorry."

"I know." She whispers while nodding. "You don't even have to say it." She sadly chuckles before tightly hugging me, then letting out a cry. "I forgive you, Brianna Brady. Always."  She squeezes me. "It's okay. It's alright."

"You guys shouldn't be here." I stand up.

"Hey." Miles places his hands on my shoulders and I pull away while slowly blinking. "Jim is not just your family. He's ours too." He places his hands back on my shoulders.

"And we're gonna do everything we can to help him." Lana nods.

"And you." Martha cups my face.

"I can hear you guys." Jim stands up before walking over with a grin. "And thank you." He shakes Clark's hand and I look at the wall we all put together.

"You said the killer's symbol was a question mark?" I cross my arms.

"Yeah. He's smart. And you were right, it's gotta be someone who knows me." He stands beside me and I tighten my jaw.

"Everything okay?" Harvey enters. "Kid, how you feeling? Talk to me." His voice goes right through me as I keep my teary eyes on the wall.

"Yeah, let's get to work." Jim replies and I hear Harvey shut the door.

"I've been going over and over this a thousand times in my mind—it all has to be connected." My eyes dart around the wall. "The theft at the art museum, the bomb at the train station, the I.A. tip-off, Pinkney's murder—it's all a part of an elaborate frame."

"So he's smart, meticulous, got technical skill and access." Chloe nods.

"An active cop?" Harvey guesses.

"Has to be." Jim tells him. "Only way he could have access to a crowbar after it was put into evidence."

"That doesn't really narrow the suspect list too much.
I mean, c'mon, Jim, be honest. You probably got five hundred cops who have beef with you."