080. recruit

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

              ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Lois." I walk over to her, Chloe and Clark.

"Hi." Chloe gasps before hugging me. "How are you?"

"I'm okay." I nod as we pull away.

"Brianna-"

"Chloe, I'm fine, really."

"I'm a free woman for the time being because of you, Agent Brady." Lois pulls me into her. "Thank you." She whispers.

"You're welcome." I whisper back and we pull away before I take my hood off my head.

"Hey." Clark greets.

"Hey, Kent." I faintly grin.

"Turns out the Wayne killer is still out there." A boy says as he walks past us with his two friends and I crane my neck, watching them continue to talk.

"Yeah, um, ever since the Waynes were killed, it's skyrocketed worldwide." Chloe tells me. "But don't worry, after Oswald showed himself, I pulled a few strings with Montoya, Allen and the press. You're out of it. No one knows you're working the case."

"Thank you." I nod. "Lois, I need you tell me what happened. From top of bottom."

"I was partying with some friends and some guys and one of them came onto me. I said no because he had a girlfriend, obviously, and he didn't like that. So I knocked the wind out of him." Lois tells me.

"I would've paralyzed him." Miles walks over. "Hey."

"Hey." I exhale and we hug.

"Brianna, I swear to God, all I did was knock the wind out of him. I couldn't have paralyzed him." Lois inquires.

"I believe you." I nod. "But you were drinking, right?"

"Those days are over. No more alcohol. And that includes cough syrup and rum cakes." She tells me before the bell rings. "Aspirin, anyone?" She touches her head.

"Torch, desk drawer on the left-hand side." Chloe smiles.

"Miles, take her. I'll check out the scene." I nod.

"You're the agent." Lois grips my shoulder before she walks away with Miles.

"It's Met U, right?"

"Here's the directions." Chloe starts writing and then hands me a piece of paper.

"Thanks." I take it from her.

"How's Bruce?"

"He's determined. On edge." I slowly nod.

"I thanked him for the necklace." Chloe nudges me with a grin. "He's a sweet kid."

"Yeah. They always are, aren't they?" I rasp out.