101. the maniax

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

       ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"You all know what we're facing here." Captain starts as I stare at the projector. "Forty eight hours ago, six criminally insane inmates were busted out of Arkham Asylum. Yesterday, four of those inmates broke into Yellen Shipyard, kidnapped seven workers, then dropped them off the roof of the Gotham Gazette. As of now, we still have no leads on the person or persons behind the breakout. Jim Gordon's lead. Jim."

"These are our targets." Jim rubs my shoulder before walking past me. "Jerome Valeska, eighteen years old.
Matricide. Arnold Dobkins, schizophrenic. Poisoner, rapist. Aaron Helzinger. Killed his entire family with his bare hands. Robert Greenwood. Killed and then ate a dozen women." He keeps going before a photo of Barbara shows up. "Barbara Kean. Killed her parents.
We're gonna work this in groups of four. I'll hand out assignments throughout the day. Detective Brady and Detective Alvarez are my coordinating officers. Any questions? Let's get to work."

"I'm not an officer." I walk over to Jim.

"Close enough." Jim places my badge onto the front pocket of my leather jacket.

                  •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"It's hard to believe. My father's been sneaking down here for years, and I never even knew about it." Bruce says as I look around the room.

"That makes two of us, doesn't it?" Alfred places a gun back inside a box.

"Wait." I stop Bruce. "Let's just think about this. Are you sure you wanna turn that thing on?"

"Of course I'm certain, Brianna." Bruce nods.

"Have you thought it through, Master Bruce?" Alfred walks over. "This computer could contain all my father's research into Wayne Enterprises."

"All this time, I've been looking for a smoking gun, and here it is."

"Exactly. A smoking gun. Now, guns are for grown-ups, aren't they?"

"That's a metaphor, Alfred, not an argument." Bruce turns it on. "Right?"

"Yeah. Good job." I grip his shoulder.

"Here it is." He walks over to the computers and I follow him. "It's working!" He smiles at me.

"Alfred!" I shout as Alfred starts hacking at the machine with an axe.

"What are you...what are you doing? Alfred, stop! What are you doing? No, what are you doing, Alfred?
Alfred, stop it!" Bruce pulls Alfred away. "It's ruined!
It's ruined! What's wrong with you? Why would you do that? Answer me!"

"It had to be done, Master Bruce!" Alfred inquires.

"This was the key to exposing Wayne Enterprises.
Everything that I've worked for, everything my... everything my dad worked for is now gone! Because of you!"