071. transference

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"31! 42!" Clark shouts and I snicker as one of the cows moo at him.

"Hut!" I start running away from the line of cows and toward the fence in the other direction.

Clark fakes to the left, then turns around to face the cows again, clutching the ball in his right hand and then chucks it to me. I run up and grab the ball before Clark jogs my way. When he gets close enough, I fall onto the ground. I land on my back and I fake groan before he gets in between my legs. The cows moo more loudly and I scoff.

"And the Crows take the state championship!" Clark shouts and we laugh. "Nice catch."

"Nice throw." I faintly grin before my eyes shift to the sky.

"You okay?"

"Bastards." Ivy's voice goes through my head.

"Hey." Clark says and I snap out of it. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I question.

"You were somewhere else before."

"That's impossible, Kent. I'm right here."

"I didn't mean physically."

"I'm fine, Kent."

"There's a difference between saying you're fine and being fine."

"Looks like I taught you well in Psych 101. You want a cookie?"

"So you admit it. You're not fine."

"I never said it."

"Didn't deny it either."

"Yes, I did. By saying I'm fine because I am."

"You could be an actor, you know that?" Clark nods and I push him hard on the ground before sitting on his stomach. "Ow." He groans.

"I'm fine." I raise my eyebrows. "How could I not be? We won the championship." I hold up the football before I hear clapping.

"I knew you were talented. I didn't know you could see the future." Coach Teague walks over with Jonathan.

"It's in the Brady genes." I help Clark up.

"I heard about that case you were called in on. I called Doctor Reid. I'm sorry about Abbey."

"Me too." I thickly swallow.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah." I nod. "Um, we were just practicing."

"That's good. It's good to visualize game-winning plays, especially when the coach from Metropolis University is coming to the game on Friday night to check out the new star quarterbacks." Coach Teague tells us.