109. eduardo flamingo

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

I slowly open my eyes with the feeling of Clark spooning me. I look to see our hands intertwined and I thickly swallow. I quietly yawn before slowly turning on my back. I now lock eyes with Clark, meeting his stare on me.

"It's morning, right?" I croak out.

"Yeah." Clark nods.

"What time is it?"

"Almost noon."

"What?" I look at the clock on my nightstand. "I made you miss breakfast and your math class."

"I told you I wasn't going anywhere." He shakes his head and we start to stare at each other.

"If you ever wanna talk about your dad, or, um, how you're feeling, I'm here." I lace my hand with his.

"I know." He nods. "And if you ever wanna talk about Essen, Jerome, or, um, how you're feeling, I'm here."

"I know." I nod and he runs his thumb over my knuckles before waving his fingers back and forth between mine, making an ache pass through my stomach.

"Good, you're up. I have a date in ten minutes." Margo enters. "And you—not Hayden—need to leave. This is the girls' floor."

"Right. Sorry." Clark pulls the covers off him before putting on his shoes.

"Hey." I place my finger on Clark's jaw to make him face me and I kiss his forehead. "Don't not call me, okay?"

"Okay." He nods and we share a grin.

"Clark." Margo hugs him. "I'm so sorry. Your dad was very kind. I'm here if you wanna talk." She pulls away.

"Thanks, Margo." He leaves.

"So, a date with who?" I sit up before putting my leather jacket over my hoodie.

"Lucas from Biology class." Margo tells me.

"Have fun. Keep pepper spray on you just in case." I slip my high tops on before tying the laces.

"Where are you going?"

"Work." I say after a few seconds.

"What are you talk—Gotham?" Margo questions and I merely nod as I sling my bag over my shoulder. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah."

"Brianna, c'mon, you talk to me. You know I'm not gonna tell anyone."

"You know the massacre at the GCPD last month, right?"

"Yeah, I was there in the middle of the horror."

"Turns out Galavan was behind all of it. The massacre, the gala, kidnapping Mayor James, the Arkham breakout." I nod. "Jerome." I get up.