098. fortress of solitude

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Ah!" I hold my dislocated shoulder. "Fuck. Damn!" I yelp.

"Clark! Clark!" I hear Chloe shout from afar and I force myself up.

I cry out from the pain before steadying myself on my feet. I turn away and pull my bandana down. I heavily pant as I feel dry blood covering my cheek. After a few more seconds, I place my bandana back over my face and I hold my dislocated shoulder. I look around the foreign, icy place before I rush over to Chloe. I help her up and put her arm around my good side.

"Oh, you again. Hello." Chloe pants. "I don't know who you are, but thank you for saving me. Miles and my cousin, Lois too. I'm Chloe Sullivan. I like your shoes."

I hold back a chuckle before I look up at a building called the Fortress of Solitude. I then look back at her.

"Sure, I'm up for it. Clark might be in there." She nods and I carefully lead her to the building, before wincing from the pain. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" She asks and I stand adjacent from her before grabbing her hand. "Oh, dislocated shoulder. Okay, I got you." She grips my hand tightly and I pull myself all the way back until my shoulder pops in, making me let out a throaty groan. "There we go. You're okay. You're alright now." She assures and I place her arm back around my good side.

We now enter the palace and Chloe shivers. She now wraps both arms around my neck, clinging onto me. I grimace from the pain in my shoulder, trying not to cry out. We then stop to see Clark encircled by the blue light. A gust of wind blows and she falls to her knees, taking me with her.

"Clark!" Chloe cries and I furrow my eyebrows to myself, wondering why I'm not freezing. "Clark, can you hear me? Clark." She wheezes.

"Chloe!" Clark shouts and I gently let go of Chloe before holding my sore shoulder. "Hey!" He calls out to me and I rush out as fast as I can.

I hear a whoosh and I hide behind a big pile of snow. I heavily pant before closing my eyes. I then hear rustling and I thickly swallow. A whoosh is made again and I sigh in relief. I groan in pain before my phone goes off. I take it out before lowering the bandana from my face.

"Yeah, mom?" I answer it with my good arm.

       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

I shove my hoodie and bandana into my bag as the elevator doors open. I now enter the hospital and head over to the front desk.

"Uh, Jonathan and Martha Kent." I lean my arms over the counter with a heaving chest.

"Room 301. Miss, you don't look so good yourself." The nurse tells me.