116. prison break

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"It's gonna be okay, kid. We're gonna get him out of this." Harvey tells me. "Hey." He places his hand on my shoulder and I turn to him. "We will. I will." He nods and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Brianna!" Lana calls out and I look up to see her enter with the others. "We saw the news, we tried to get here as soon as we could."

"Who set him up?" Miles questions.

"Someone who knows him." I rasp out.

"What do you mean?" Clark speaks up.

"I thought it was just another criminal." Martha tells me.

"Cause of Pinkey's death: blunt force trauma to the head." I open the file and the others crowd around me.

"Murder weapon was a crowbar." Lois inquires.

"Jim found it under the couch. His fingerprints were on it. But at Union Station, Jim used a crowbar to open up the locker—he told me in his letter. Somebody must have picked it up—I know it." I clench my fists.

"We believe you, Brianna. Jim is a good man. He would never harm anyone, let alone murder anyone." Lana shakes her head.

"And that someone just happened to know that Jim would be paying Officer Pinkney a visit tonight?" Chloe comments.

"Like I said, it's someone who knows him." I thickly swallow. "And forensics traced the bomb's call to a pay phone in the building."

"But when Barnes asked me for the report, it had nothing to do with a remote timer or any traced call." Harvey adds.

"Someone took the paper from your file when you weren't looking." I tell him.

"But why Officer Pinkey, what's special about him?" Margo wonders and I remember Jim telling me in his letter that Pinkey was the witness who saw him kill Galavan.

"You gonna tell them?" Galavan walks up the steps and I clench my jaw. "They're all here. Might as well."

"Brianna, are you okay?"

"B." Miles says.

"I-I don't know why." I look back at the file. "I don't know." I start bouncing my leg.

"Brianna." I hear Lex say and I pick up my head before getting up.

"What the hell do you want?" I take out my gun and point it at his chest.

"Brianna!" Martha yells.

"Brianna, I saw the news and I came down here to help." Lex raises his hands up halfway.

"Help?" I raise my eyebrows before laughing. "What are you gonna do, Lex? Just pay them off and act like it didn't happen?"

"Brianna-"