064. false prophet

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Why won't you listen to me? I told you I don't wanna talk about it!" Pete slams the phone as we enter the Torch.

"Note to self: forward all telemarketing calls to Pete." Miles nods.

"You wanna tell us what that was about?" I walk over to him.

"It was nothing." Pete mutters.

"Did you pull an all-nighter or do you just find changing clothes every day a little too cliche?" Chloe sets her books down.

"I was a little laundry-impaired this morning."

"How Bohemian of you. Hey, do you wanna cover the gymnastics tryouts?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, can you find someone else?"

"Pete Ross passing up the opportunity to ogle Smallville High's women in spandex?"

"Look, I just can't do it, okay?" Pete inquires and the bell rings. "I gotta get to class."

"Well, hang on a second, and I'll walk with you."
Chloe puts down her coffee cup and Pete leaves without responding. "Or not."

"Pete!" Miles starts to walk.

"Let him go." I stop him. "He'll talk when he's ready."

         ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Jon, cattle are fed." I enter the Kent house. "Liam and Monty are extra cranky today, though."

"Brianna." Jonathan gets up with Clark and a man with a badge and gun.

"Look, I'm a minor, and that gives me a right to a lawyer, but since I got nothing to hide, fire away."

"Well, it's good to know that you're aware of your rights." The man nods with a grin. "You're Brianna Brady."

"Depends on who wants to know." I cross my arms.

"Well, I do." He chuckles. "Do you mind if we talk in private? Don't worry, you're not in trouble. Far from it."

"I'm aware." I nod. "Yeah, sure."

"Clark, Mister Kent, it was great to meet you, you have a beautiful home." The man shakes their hands before I leave with him. "I stopped at your house first, and your mom told you'd be at work. That's when I ran into Clark at the diner and he said you were here doing work on the farm."

"Listen, Officer-"

"Agent."

"What?" I walk down the steps.