124. vessel

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

I jump down in front of Lana before landing in a crouched position. I now pick my head up before looking at her hazel eyes through my mask.

"You." Lana pants. "It's Lex, he's—" I cut her off as I grab her.

I shoot a web at the tree and she screams. She then wraps her arms around my neck and I keep swinging us from tree to tree. I see Lex running through the field before we reach the last tree. I now set Lana down and we run.

"Lex!" Lana shouts.

"Stay there." Lex tells her. "You." He now looks at me and I thickly swallow. "Like the mask."

"What's happening?"

"I don't know."

The hair now sticks up on then back of my neck and I grab Lana. I pull her into me and an explosion goes off from the ground. Lana clings onto me and I continue to shield her.

More explosions from underground go off and I look up. They then die down before a gust of wind arrives. I look at the sky to see a big shadow cast over Lex. I then turn my head to see Professor Fine standing behind us.

"Stay away from them!" Lex orders.

"What are you doing?" Lana questions.

"I'm preparing him." Fine replies and before I can do anything, a bright light cascades over Lex.

"No!" She screams and I shoot webs with both hands on the ship.

I step back and start pulling the ship with all my might. I see it move forward a bit before I lowly grunt. I keep moving back as far as I can. I gasp as my webs break. I fall to my knees before the ship disappears.

Lana gasps and my eyes start to water. Lana now starts to walk, but the hair on the back of my neck sticks up. I grab her and pull her aside before something booms into the ground. I look at the symbol before putting my head down.

"Hey, it's not—it's not your fault." Lana tells me and I turn to her. "You...you saved my life. Thank you. Um, I won't—I won't tell anyone. I promise." She sniffles with a nod. "Will you take me to the Daily Planet? I need to talk to Chloe." She inquires and I open up my arm.

Lana steps forward and wraps her arms around my neck. I wrap my arm around her before my free hand shoots a web at a tree from afar. I take off and she gasps as we start swinging between the trees again.

        •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"What, do you mean taken?" Clark questions as I listen in from on top of the barn.

"I mean, ripped from the Earth and sucked into the sky. His abductor did leave a calling card in the field. From Lana's description, it sounded a lot like Zod's symbol." Chloe tells him and my eyes widen.