046. phoenix

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

I stop in my tracks and hide behind the wall as I see the pair stumble out the side of the generator and onto the ground. Still struggling, Jonathan holds onto Clark by his jacket before ramming into a concrete pillar.

It shatters and comes crumbling down on both of them. Clark pushes it away as they both get back to their feet and grab onto each other again. Jonathan throws Clark onto a pile of wood, then landing on top of him.

"Looks like the old man's been working out!" Clark heaves.

"Jor-El and I have an understanding. I'm taking you home." Jonathan inquires.

"I don't care what he's done to you. You're not taking me anywhere."

Jonathan grabs at Clark's kryptonite ring, trying to take it off his finger. Clark shoves him away, sending him flying backwards into a set of pipes that break away when Jonathan collides with them. White steam shoots up out of the ground and Clark gets back to his feet, slowly walking toward the place Jonathan landed.

"Clark!" Jonathan walks out and Clark takes off his jacket. "You don't realize how dangerous you are when you're wearing that ring!"

"It's not the ring. I was born that way. You just can't accept it." Clark tells him.

"Is that what you told Brianna? Or maybe you didn't, because deep down, you know that isn't true."

Clark clenches his jaw and then super speeds forward, grabbing onto Jonathan. Jonathan now grabs Clark, swinging him around in a complete circle, and throws him into a tower of scaffolding.

Slowly, he rises from the rubble, the back of his shirt almost completely torn away. He grabs at the shirt and rips the rest of it off easily, then turns around, revealing the Kryptonian symbol on his chest to Jonathan, making my eyes widen.

"What in the hell did Jor-El do to you, Clark?" Jonathan questions.

"He made sure I'd never forget who my real father is." Clark replies.

Clark then picks up a steel pipe and hurls it at Jonathan. Jonathan ducks, dodging it, and when he gets up, Clark is nowhere in sight. Jonathan turns around, looking for him.

Suddenly, Clark is at his side, pushing him into a steel pillar. Clark holds Jonathan against the pillar by his neck and raises his closed fist ready to strike as the red kryptonite ring shines dully on his finger. Clark hesitates.

"Go on. Do it. If I could raise a son that could kill, then kill!" Jonathan urges and my eyes water as my hand shakes against my gun.

"Ah!" Clark pulls his fist back and the gun slips from my hand.

"C'mon, Kent. Take it off." I cry and Clark slams his fist forward, missing Jonathan and crashing into the corner of the pillar, destroying the kryptonite ring.