082. harvey dent

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Barbara?" Jim says as we enter his house.

"Whoa. Sweet crib. You must be one rich cop." Selina inquires.

"It's my girlfriend's place."

"Where is she?" I look around.

"I don't know." Jim replies.

"Barbara?" I call out, but I get no answer.

"So...what? I get to stay here alone?" Selina questions and I see an envelope with Jim's name on the front of it. "I'm hungry."

"Jim." I whisper and Jim picks up the envelope before taking out the folded piece of paper. "I'm sorry, Jim." I sigh and his phone rings.

"This is Gordon." Jim answers the phone while patting my shoulder. "Uh...uh, right. Yeah. We're in the penthouse. Come on up." He hangs up.

"Sounds like your girlfriend's not coming back, huh?" Selina sits on the couch with the note. "Why's she worried about Falcone?"

"None of your business." I tell her as Jim takes the note.

"So what happens now? You gonna get the charges against me dropped?"

"I will, but you're our only witness to the Wayne murders."

"You gonna cuff me to a drainpipe again?"

"No, I'm not gonna hold you against your will. GCPD, juvie—you'd just break out."

"So I do get to stay here."

"No, I have someplace else in mind." I nod before a knock on the door is made. "That's the sketch artist. We need you to describe the man who shot the Waynes."

"Wait, where am I going to stay?" Selina scoffs.

"Where I'm staying. Wayne Manor." I head towards the door with Jim.

     ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"She said this is the man who killed your parents. She said she saw his face. Do you recognize him, Bruce?" I hand him the sketch.

"No." Bruce tells me. "What's her name?"

"Selina Kyle."

"Do you believe her?"

"Yes, I do." I nod.

"So, she saw...everything?"

"And you want her to live here with us, do you? A common street criminal." Alfred inquires.

"She's hardly older than Bruce. She's just a kid who's seen too much." I tell him. "This is for her safety. GCPD is full of moles-"

"Right, and how long would you have us put her up, then?"