110. malone

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Forget your umbrella?" Galavan asks through the glass as he sits down. "Thought visiting hours were over. What are rules to the woman who arrested the mayor of Gotham? Any chance you're gonna tell me what this little visit is about? Tomorrow's hearing, perhaps? You're here to gloat."

"Does the name Katherine Parks mean anything to you?" I sit down.

"No, can't say it does."

"I'm gonna be there tomorrow. I'm gonna watch them put you away." I stand back up.

"Always a pleasure, Miss Brady." Galavan tells me before I leave.

"You kill him?" Margo leans off the wall.

"He's gonna wish he did." I rasp out before we leave the prison. "Thank you guys for coming to Katherine's funeral. I know you didn't know her."

"She gave her life to the people here. And the people here include you." Lois heads inside her car and I get in the passenger seat. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Katherine Parks was twenty three. On the force a year. And today we put her in the ground because when I had the chance, I didn't do the only sensible thing." My eyes start to water as I keep my gaze forward.

"Brianna."

"An assassin kills four cops—dares me to pull the trigger, and I don't. Explain that to me."

"That man was your prisoner—you didn't have a choice."

"I had a choice." I nod.

"Yes, to uphold the law or to become a murderer. You made the right one. Like I knew you would. Because you are not a murderer." Margo inquires.

"You think Katherine Parks feels the same way? What about her family?" I choke out.

"So you saw Galavan."

"You're asking did I get the guards to turn the cameras off? No. But they would have. Galavan as good as killed Parks, Essen and a dozen other cops, and yet he sits there, smiling, breathing."

"And tomorrow, Aubrey James is going in front of the grand jury and telling them that he was kidnapped and tortured by Galavan. He's gonna be put away for a long time."

"Maybe. Just the way he acted. It wasn't a man looking at a decade in prison. I have a bad feeling."

"Don't do this to yourself." Lois grips my shoulder and I turn to her. "Brianna, you did good. You always do."

"Yeah, I always do, don't I?" I smile before sniffling and she pulls me into her.

"Does Clark know?"

"No, no. He needs to be with Martha to grieve his father. I have no right to throw all of this on him. This is my problem. He needs to grieve, and to mourn, and to accept. I have to make sure Galavan never gets out. Never." I sob and she places her hand on the back of my head.