065. forsaken

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Clark passes the ball to me and I pass it to Pete who makes a shot, sinking the ball into the hoop. Clark tries to grab the ball on its way down, but Pete takes it first, dribbling and jogging away from the hoop.

"Get out there and take your shot." I inquire before crossing my arms.

Pete dribbles in place a couple of times, and takes his shot. He misses. "Yeah, she's moving to Wichita." He throws me the ball and I catch it.

"Wichita?" Clark questions.

"I wouldn't name my dog that." I wiggle my eyebrows, making him and Clark chuckle.

"Yeah, she got the federal judgeship." Pete jogs to me and takes the ball out of my hands, taking another shot and making it. "She starts work on Monday."

"That was fast. What about your dad?" Clark wonders as Pete catches the ball on its way down and walks away from the hoop again, dribbling.

"He's staying in Smallville." He makes another shot.

"I guess that means they're going through with the divorce. We're really sorry, Pete." I tell him.

"I've been avoiding the whole thing. But I knew when I finally told you, it'd definitely sink in. I guess you're the last man standing in a nuclear family zone." He passes me the ball. "You the man, Bri."

"Pete, you're not losing your family. It's just changing. Trust me, I know how hard it can be when you find out your parents are hiding things from you." I nod. "And, yes, I am." I flex with a smile before shooting the ball into the hoop.

"Damn." He whistles. "Well, it's just so weird when you realize that the people you thought had all the answers are...just human like everybody else." He passes the ball back to me.

"So what are you gonna do?" Clark asks.

"I didn't go through three years of high school just to miss out on senior year." He takes the ball from me and shoots it.

"I wish Lana felt that way." Miles walks over. "Oh, uh-"

"It's cool, man. You know that." Clark pats his shoulder.

"I'm gonna say this once, and then it falls into the None of My Business category. The whole yo-yo thing with you and Lana has gotta stop." I wrap my arm around his neck.

"You sound like Lex. He thinks I'm the reason Lana's leaving." Miles sighs.

"Well, I hate to agree with uncle Fester, but I don't think Lana's going to Paris just to see the Mona Lisa." Pete comments.

"I thought things were good with you guys. You dropped the babe bomb and everything." I catch the ball from Pete.

"Things are going well between us. I guess I'm already losing her even though I just got her."