121. unleashed

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Wo—Woah!" Jim yelps as we swing from building to building with my arm around him.

"I know." I heave as we land in the alleyway. "Well?" I pull my hood off and then pull my bandana down.

"I...I can't believe it's possible. You..."

"Yeah, me neither." I shake my head. "Um, you're not afraid of me, are you?" I catch my breath and he places his hands on my shoulder.

"I could never be afraid of you, Brianna." Jim tells me and I grin before we hug.

"This is good, Strange has no idea I'm involved with you and Bruce. I can sneak in and out of Arkham without him or anyone else seeing me."

      •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"What is the meaning of this? You are upsetting the inmates." A woman says as I listen in from the ceiling vent.

"Where's your boss, darling? We got a warrant to search his office and everything in it." Harvey informs.

"He's busy with patients."

"That's quite alright, Miss Peabody." Strange tells her.

"We're gonna tear this place apart, Strange. We're gonna get answers." Harvey inquires.

"Answers to what?"

"Records indicate Theo Galavan's dead body was brought here, that it was cremated."

"Seems likely."

"Then why the hell was he at the GCPD last night, running our captain through with a sword, huh?"

"I'm as surprised as you are."

"And while you're at it, explain to me this: why Victor Fries, also last seen here, very dead, is alive and kicking and dressed like a spaceman. You stink, Strange. This whole damned place stinks. Excuse me.
Is this your office?"

"Yes, but, Detective, please."

"What the...? Shredded? Son of a..."

"Spring cleaning. You're free to look around. I'm just not sure there's much more to see."

"You think shredding a few documents is gonna save you?" Jim questions. "It won't. We're on to you. Bad guys come in and monsters come out. Just like Pinewood, right?"

"Seeing as how you no longer work for the police department, I'm not required to speak with you, Mister Gordon." Strange tells him. "You have a lot of anger, James Gordon. I can help you with that."