030. double trouble

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

           ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     In The End: Linkin Park

"There you go." I hand her a box.

"Thank you very much." Chloe heads inside with the box while I grab another.

"Here." I hand it to Gabe.

"Phew." Gabe staggers a bit. "You're a strong girl."

"Thanks again for letting me live with you guys, Mister Sullivan. It really, really means a lot." Lana says as I grab another box from Clark's truck.

"You're welcome. And in honor of the day, I'm gonna make dinner."

"Oh, hey, don't put yourself out."

"Mi casa, su casserole." He jokes and Lana laughs as he carries the box in the house.

"So, how are you feeling?" I hold out the box to her.

"Uh, excited and terrified at the same time, if that makes any sense." Lana takes the box.

"Well, it is a big change."

"Huge. And not just for me. Even though she agreed to it, Nell was kind of upset that I decided to stay in Smallville."

"It's not easy when someone you care about moves away."

"AP Biology's been very boring for the past week. You coming back to school?"

"Yeah. With Mateo back in Missouri with his grandmother for a while, I've just been too busy to worry about an animal cell project." I place another box down. "So this Henry guy. He may be your biological father?"

"Yeah, maybe." Lana nods.

"Do you wanna find out?"

"I do." She nods again. "You okay?"

"I'm good." I nod back.

"So, that looks like it's, uh, everything, if you need to get your truck back." Chloe walks over.

"You know, I lucked out. My mom called and said she was gonna take off early. Help finish up the chores. So you wanna celebrate?" Clark questions.

"I wish I could, but I've gotta get changed and take a shift at the Talon." Lana tells him.

"Yeah, and I only have like a second to grab a bite before I need to run over to the Torch. Sorry." Chloe adds.

"Oh. When you two are scheduled to take a breath, give me a call." Clark grabs a bag from the truck.

"Will do." She takes it.

"Thanks, Clark. Thanks, Brianna." Lana grins.

"Yeah. I merely nod.