058. obsession

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Principal Reynolds." I knock on the door.

"Miss Brady, please." Principal Reynolds motions his hand and I enter. "I'd like you to meet our new transfer, Hayden Bahl." He stands up and I look at a tall, dirty blonde haired boy with blue eyes. 

"Hi, I'm Brianna." I hold out my hand.

"Yeah, I figured." Hayden shakes it.

"You mind giving him a tour, Miss Brady?" Principal Reynolds asks.

"Sure." I faintly grin.

"Thank you."

"Yep. C'mon." I nod my head to the side and Hayden follows me out of the office. "So where are you from?"

"Metropolis." Hayden replies.

"I'm guessing you know who Lex Luthor is."

"I know a lot of people, I just don't really care to know who they are."

"I like your mentality." I nod. "Okay, so, hallway, lockers, gym is to the right and down, cafeteria is two lefts and down, library is downstairs, field and courtyard are outside."

"Do those doors open?" Hayden stops and points to the front doors.

"They're called front doors for a reason." I tell him.

"Great, let's go."

"Go where?"

"Wherever, whatever."

"No."

"Why?"

"Cause the internship I missed out on last summer has been very generous and offered me my spot again, so I need to stay on top of my work to maintain my GPA for it. And it's your first day, it would be too easy to skip."

"I wish I cared."

"Hayden-"

"We'll walk around or sit on a bench and stare at our shoes."

"No."

"Why?"

"I just told you why." I inquire.

"Oh, you were speaking, I just wasn't listening." Hayden tells me.

"If you weren't listening, then you wouldn't of known I was speaking at all." I raise my eyebrows. "And I don't even know you, what makes you think I'm gonna go anywhere to with you?"

"Do I look trustworthy?"

"Does anybody?"

"I'm not talking about everybody else. I'm talking about me."

"You love doing so, don't you?"

"Love doing what?"

"Talking about yourself. You get that glimmer in your eye real fast." I nod and he smirks.