019. crush

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

        ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Hey, B." Miles greets as I walk past him, Clark and Pete.

"Hey, Sebastian Sanger." I turn to look at the glasses on him. "What's the occasion?"

"Career day." He informs and I follow his gaze to balloons decorated down the halls.

"Cool. You look nice. Haven't seen you wear those since second grade."

"Thought they make me look smarter."

"They do."

"Thanks. You look nice too." Miles tells me.

"Thank you." I nod.

"Really nice. I gotta say, Bri, I've been feeling you." Pete jokingly walks towards me.

"Really?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Mm-hmm." He starts taking my hands and I scoff as we start slow dancing.

"Can't say the same." I mockingly twirl Pete before letting him go.

"Ouch, Bri." Pete pats his chest. "So real question, did you know that Chloe likes Miles?"

"Yeah. And I'll make sure to give her my condolences later." I pat Miles's shoulder before I turn and walk off.

                    ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Okay." I exhale as I take hold a stack of my books in my hand from the library.

I keep walking down the hallway and I adjust my arms, trying to keep the stack from falling. I then bump into something hard and I see Clark stopping the books from falling.

"Nice catch."

"Thanks." Clark says.

"I'll pay you if you carry these for me."

"Too heavy for you?"

"No. I just want an errand boy."

"Not happening."

"Ten bucks."

"Deal." Clark now carries my books and we walk down the hallway. "You get a summer job?"

"I was thinking of heading back to Denver for the summer." I tell him.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." I nod. "I wanna see my mom."

"Do Miles and Layton know?"

"I talked to them about it last week. Now I just have to ask my mom."

"The whole summer?"