FIVE

— 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 —

𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

'DEAR CASSIOPEIA,

You should know that I am not happy about your turnout in Gryffindor. 

I made very clear my expectations for you and Draco to make it into Slytherin, as your mother and I have. But it seems only one of you was up to task.

I fear you are leaning toward a path of rebellion, which you should already know I do not tolerate. As you have failed to obey one of my commands, you must know it is crucial you abide by the others. I have already sent a letter to Draco so he can keep track of who you associate yourself with. I don't want to hear you have been making friends with mudbloods or blood traitors.

I'm sure I will be able to look over this if you are able to receive satisfactory grades, as well as show a good performance in school. 

We'll discuss more of this come the Christmas holidays.

From your Father,

LM'

Cassiopeia sighed at the letter that had been brought this morning by their eagle owl, Athena. At least he didn't send a howler, she thought.

She had been expecting disappointment, so she was not surprised by her father's letter. It didn't mean she wasn't upset, however.

She had never disappointed her parents. Sure, there were times she had been in trouble with them, but disappointing them was much, much worse.

She clutched the letter in her hands tightly. If this was what disappointment felt like, she didn't want to feel it again. She knew it was bad as he had tasked Draco to look out for her. It was always the other way.

I fear you are leaning to a path of rebellion, he said. She was no fool – she knew countless people in her family had been disowned for being squibs, marrying anyone who would ruin their pureblood status, running away – well, she could list many reasons. She didn't want to be disowned. She liked being a Malfoy. It was something she took pride in. She couldn't bear it if her parents would ever rebuke her.

She was gonna do anything in her power to prevent it from happening.

On the brighter side, she had just found out from the Gryffindor bulletin board that the first-years would be having their first flying lesson, along with the Slytherins.

She had been waiting for it all month. She and Draco used to always fly together on the grounds of the manor, playing quidditch games together. They always had a plan – he'd play as seeker (which was unsurprising to her as they always received most of the glory out of all players) and she would be a chaser.