TWENTY-EIGHT

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐳𝐤𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐞 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐳𝐤𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐞

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA SAT UPRIGHT ON HER BED, reading one of the new books her mother had bought her over the holidays. It was all about philosophy and the theory of knowledge. Draco had called her weird on several occasions for reading such a book, but Cassie hadn't minded. She found the book interesting, it made her think a lot. And she had been doing a lot of thinking over the holiday.

 She kept thinking over her promises to Draco and her father, especially during the days she had shut herself up in her room. She had promised the two that she would never talk to the trio again.

It wasn't the trio specifically that made her doubt her ideals. Well, they were part of it. It was like... the more she was around the type of people she wasn't supposed to, the more she realised there was nothing wrong with them. And how was she supposed to hate someone she couldn't fault?

But, at the same time, she didn't want to upset her father again. She felt lousy for doing so previously, and she didn't want to feel the way she did again. Like she had been a disappointment to the family. After all, no matter what house she was in or the friends she made, she was a Malfoy first. And Malfoys weren't blood traitors. At least, that was what she was meant to believe.

On the brighter side, she had been sent several owls from Seamus, Dean and Cedric. The former two mainly just checking up on her, though Dean had also helped explain the sport of football to her after she expressed confusion about the topic. Based on his explanation, the sport had just been a more boring version of quidditch with only one ball, one goal per team and no brooms.

Meanwhile, Cedric had not only checked on her but informed her that he had made both Hufflepuff prefect and quidditch captain. She made sure to immediately send him a letter to congratulate him for his feat.

Cassiopeia had been in the middle of turning the page when suddenly her brother burst into the room. "Draco! What have I told you about coming into my room without knocking?" she told him, but he simply rolled his eyes.

During the holidays, Cassie managed to actually grow taller, unlike she had done during the previous holiday. Unfortunately, she still wasn't able to catch up with Draco had grown even more. Draco's hair had grown a tad longer and, after constant nagging, she finally convinced her brother to take it easy with the hair gel. If it was any more possible, his face became even more sharp and pointed, making him resemble their father more and more. On the other hand, Cassie's face became more rounded and her hair now reached down to the middle of her back. She always believed her looks favoured her mother.

"Come look at this," said Draco as he walked over to her while Cassie set her book neatly aside. He practically thrust the paper he had been holding into her hands, causing her to send him a look of annoyance before turning her gaze down to the paper.