FIFTEEN

— 𝐩𝐢𝐱𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 —

 ' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE SORTING CEREMONY BEGAN and a certain Potter and Weasley were nowhere to be seen.

Don't get her wrong, she didn't care about the two boys, but it was particularly weird to see them not in the Great Hall at all. What was even weirder was all the other Weasleys were in the castle, so how come the youngest brother just happened not to be present?

She briefly thought he could have been sick, but it wouldn't explain why Harry was also not there. And even more curiously, Snape had been missing from the high table where all professors sat during the feast.

According to Daphne Greengrass, the two of them were not on the train either. Draco hadn't much cared – if anything, he was glad as it may have meant they would not be attending that year. 

"Psst, Granger!" Cassie called out to the girl during the feast. After gaining her attention, she asked, "where's Potter and Weasley?"

Hermione's eyes furrowed. "I'm not sure. I didn't see them the whole train ride. But people are all telling some ridiculous stories about where they are," she explained.

Huh. Weird.

However, Cassie tried not to think much of it as she ate her food. 

However, the topic soon brought itself up again as Cassie had overheard a rather loud Pansy Parkinson talking to the other Slytherins. "I hear Potter's got himself expelled! Along with that Weasley!"

Cassie paused and backtracked. "What are you talking about, Pansy?" she asked her.

"Well, I heard some older years talking about how they saw a flying car on the train. Then apparently that car crashed into the Whomping Willow!"

Cassie raised her brows. She knew about the Whomping Willow, which was out of bounds for a reason. "The Whomping Willow? Are you sure it was them?"

"Who else would want such a dramatic entrance?" And with that, Pansy and her clique of Slytherin girls left in the opposite direction.

When she entered the Gryffindor common room, she was surprised to see that the whole of the house had still been awake and standing eagerly as they seemed to be waiting for someone's arrival. It seemed, like Cassie, they had wanted to know where Harry and Ron was as well.

Soon after, none other than the infamous trio arrives, everyone pulling the two boys inside. "Brilliant!" yelled one of the fourth-years Cassie recognized to be Lee Jordan from his quidditch commentaries. "Inspired! What an entrance! Flying a car right into the Whomping Willow, people'll be talking about that one for years!"