FIFTY-TWO

— 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬! —

𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬!

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

AFTER HARRY WAS ANNOUNCED AS THE FOURTH CHAMPION, the next few days went down the same; the common room clapped every time they saw Harry walk down from his dormitory and Colin Creevey, a springy third year, and his little brother frantically asked Harry to join them.

But as much as he was loved by the Gryffindor, he was hated by the Hufflepuffs tenfold. While the other houses accused him of cheating him into the tournament, the Hufflepuffs were personally offended that he'd stolen all of Cedric's glory, despite Cedric himself being the only one not bothered by it.

During their shared lesson in Herbology, Ernie Macmillan and Justin Finch-Fletchley laughed unpleasantly when the bouncing bulbs the class were repotting wriggled free from Harry's grip and smacked him hard in the face.

But the weirdest thing that was happening was the fact that Cassiopeia noticed on multiple occasions that Harry and Ron were actively ignoring each other. But she tried not to think much about it. After all, she had no business with them. What was going on in their friendship was absolutely none of her concern.

"Ah, look, guys, it's the champion," Draco said to Cassie, Crabbe and Goyle one Care of Magical Creatures lesson as they got within earshot of Harry. "Got your autograph books? Better get a signature now, because I doubt he's going to be around much longer... half the Triwizard champions have died... how long d'you reckon you're going to last, Potter? Ten minutes into the first task's my bet."

"Five's mine," Cassiopeia added and Crabbe and Goyle guffawed sycophantically.

Cassie knew avoiding him was no longer going to work, not after they made eye contact the night he was chosen. So now her plan was to make him not want to be around her, and what better way to do that than acting like Draco, the person he probably hated the most in the castle? And of course, if he believed she was awful, perhaps Ron and Hermione may leave her alone as well.

She smiled to herself — it was the perfect plan. But a small voice in her head ridiculed her for not having the courage to directly tell him why she couldn't be friends with him any longer.

Harry furrowed his brows at her comment, but before any of the three could say anything, Hagrid emerged from the back of his cabin, carrying a tower of crates which Cassie could only assume to be the now fully-grown Blast-Ended Skrewts.

"I'm going to make sure Potter regrets putting his name into that stupid cup," Draco muttered to his sister as Hagrid spoke to the rest of the class.

"How? Are you planning to dress up as a skrewt and scare him before the first task?" she asked, remembering his last brilliant plan to humiliate Harry.

He gave her an annoyed look, then smirked. "I'll think of something..."

*

Cassiopeia was in the middle of her lunch when Dean collapsed into the seat across from her. "What's got your wand twisted in a knot?" she asked, seeing his exasperated expression.