SIXTY-FIVE

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐠'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐠'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA WAS GLAD TO HEAR that Hermione had finally managed to convince Harry to go along with her plan, even if it took a fortnight for her to do so.

"We're gonna have a meeting in Hogsmeade — the first weekend in October," Hermione was explaining to Cassie in their empty dormitory. "We're planning on inviting anyone interested in meeting us there. Do you have anyone in mind?"

"Maybe I'll tell Draco — that way Crabbe and Goyle will come as well," she joked, and Hermione joined her in laughter. Cassie knew she couldn't dare breathe a word to Draco as he would surely tell their father. She could kiss her residency in the manor goodbye if that were to happen.

"Well, if you are going to meet everyone in Hogsmeade, it's best you don't do it somewhere obvious like the Three Broomsticks. Wouldn't want Umbridge to find out," Cassie said, wrinkling her nose at the thought of the very woman.

"That's what I was thinking. That's why I'm telling everyone to come to the Hog's Head instead. No one really goes there," Hermione said and Cassie nodded.

"Good idea," she remarked.

"So you're coming?" Hermione asked.

"Of course."

*

Cassie had been anticipating the Hogsmeade visit ever since Hermione had told her about the plan. However, when the day arrived, she was anything but excited. Quite nervous, on the contrary.

She tried to rake her mind through all the possibilities of Umbridge finding out she was a part of the secret and rebellious plan. And out of those chances, the majority of them ended in her father finding out.

She wished being disowned was her biggest concern, but it wasn't. Not with the Dark Lord back into play. She hadn't practised the very little occlumency that she had learned over the summer, and she had the very strong urge to at that moment. If he were to somehow find out about her association with Harry...

No. She didn't want to think about that. As long as they were careful, he wouldn't find out. He couldn't. Because if he did, it wouldn't be just her life at stake.

Was this her being selfish? Should she just forget all about the plan and go back to avoiding the trio like she did in fourth year? Like a coward?

"Come on, Cass!" a voice called out, and she looked up to see that she was falling very behind Neville, Lavender and Dean.

"Oh. Sorry," she muttered, jogging back into step with them.

She had been certainly surprised when she saw Lavender was tagging along to the meeting, especially after what she said at the beginning of the year. But then the girl explained how she was willing to listen to what Harry had to say and decided to come. Cassiopeia appreciated her change of heart, only wishing Seamus would do the same.