SEVEN

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐧 —

 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐧 

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA WAS ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS.

She had been on her way to the Great Hall when suddenly she had been drenched in water. She exclaimed in anger and shock, her robes and hair soaking wet. She looked around to see the culprit, who had unsurprisingly been Peeves the Poltergeist.

"PEEVES!" she yelled as she looked at the puddle of water she had been creating. 

"Cassie, Cassie, the wee lassie's all wet! HA! What's she going to do when the feast begins?"

She ground her teeth together as the Poltergeist cackled, blowing a raspberry at her before flying off. She would have loved to do something, but there was no way she could get back at a spirit, especially since she was a first-year.

She sighed in defeat, her eyes downcast as she wandered through the castle. She knew she couldn't go to the feast in such a state, so instead, she made her way back up to her dormitory in hopes of getting into some new, fresh robes, or perhaps meeting an older student along the way so they could have used some sort of drying spell on her.

It seemed she hadn't been paying attention however as she took a wrong turn to the wrong corridor, ending up on the first-floor corridor instead. Though she hadn't even noticed as she kept on walking, upset about the fact that she may miss her very first Halloween feast.

Not realising it had been the wrong door, she pushed it open, entering what seemed to be one of the girls' bathrooms. When she finally did realise, she groaned at her sense of direction. She was about to leave when she suddenly heard a faint noise coming from one of the stalls.

Confused as to what it was, she remained silent until she heard the noise again. It sounded like – someone sniffing? She listened closer until she was sure the noise had been someone crying.

Cassie shifted uncomfortably on the spot, knowing the person probably hadn't even realised she had entered. Reluctantly, Cassie moved towards the stall. She wanted to leave, but it didn't feel right knowing she ignored someone who was clearly distraught enough to be crying in a toilet on Halloween.

Slowly, she knocked on the door. "Hello?" she called out.

The girl sniffed once more, before letting out a small, "Who's there?"

Cassie's eyes widened. She could recognise that high, bossy voice from anywhere. "Granger?"

Cassiopeia stepped back as Hermione opened the door, wiping her red, tear-stained face. "What happened to you?" Cassie asked at the sight of the girl.

"What happened to you?" she countered, pointing at her robes. Cassie looked down at the puddle of water she had been making, forgetting the reason she was not at the feast in the first place. But she ignored her question.