THIRTY-THREE

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE STORY OF SIRIUS BLACK breaking into the castle was the only thing people talked about the next week. Every single Gryffindor was bombarded with questions on what happened, seeing as he tried to enter their common room. Several people had been sharing their theories on how they believe Black entered in the first place. Hannah Abbott from Hufflepuff had spent the majority of their shared Herbology lesson telling everyone that he could turn into a flowering shrub.

Though she tried actively to ignore them, Cassiopeia found herself being frequently corned by Pansy, Daphne and Tracey Davis and was forced to recount exactly what happened to every minute detail. Cassie suspected they were upset they weren't one of the first to get the news.

Now that they were lacking a guard to their common room, the Gryffindors had to be appointed a new portrait. The Fat Lady was replaced with Sir Cadogan, who was quickly disliked by the Gryffindors. He spent more time challenging people to duels and changing the password than he did actually letting people in. That coupled with the fact that Professor Lupin was ill and so Snape covered their Defence lesson instead, and it was definitely an unpleasant lesson.

To dampen the mood even more, the weather had begun to worsen and less time was spent outside. Cassiopeia had pitied the quidditch teams that were playing soon as they would have to play in horrid conditions. But at the same time, she was just glad it wasn't her out there.

And talking about quidditch, she had just been informed that Gryffindor wouldn't be playing Slytherin for the first match due to Draco's 'injured' arm being an impediment to his playing. "How the hell is that fair?" Cassiopeia asked incredulously, wondering how on earth Draco managed to milk his injury for so long.

"Oh, come on Cass. Shouldn't you be happy I don't have to play in a storm?" said Draco.

"I'd be happy if you'd fall off your broom," she mumbled.

"What was that?"

She looked at him sweetly. "Nothing, Draco."

When it was time for the match, the whole school ran down to the quidditch pitch, clutching their umbrellas tightly so the wind wouldn't snatch them away. As she walked down to the stadium, Cassiopeia sighted the two teams just by the changing rooms, already looking soaked. 

She slipped away from the crowd and rushed over to them, carefully not to get wet. "Hey, Potter!" Cassiopeia yelled over the rain. Harry smiled, squinting through his glasses. "You look like you've just taken a dive in the Black Lake."

"Thanks," he said sarcastically. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the stands?"

"Well I wanted to say hi to Cedric, but I supposed wishing you good luck wouldn't do any harm either," she explained, putting him under his umbrella to prevent him from getting any more wet, though she supposed it was a tad redundant.