SEVENTY-ONE

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 —

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

ALL CASSIOPEIA COULD THINK ABOUT that night was the kiss. How warm Harry felt. How the two of them walked hand in hand all the way back to the common room, and how she quickly parted from him after feeling incredibly light-headed.

She woke up in a particularly good mood that morning. Although she was going back to the manor that day, she supposed she could see Harry one more time before she had to leave. 

It was certainly weird for her — she had never thought of anyone like this before. He would not leave her mind. She wondered how Draco would react if he ever found out she kissed Harry Potter of all people. He would certainly lose his head. But she didn't care at that moment; she didn't care about how anyone would react. She was happy, and that was all that mattered.

"Morning, Cassiopeia," came the voice of Hermione, as Cassie pulled open her bed hangings. Hermione was knelt by her trunk, neatly folding her stuff into it.

"Morning," Cassiopeia replied cheerfully, then looked around the room. "Where are Lavender and Parvati?"

Hermione smiled. "You slept in a little late. They're already at breakfast," she answered, placing her last, folding top into the trunk and closing it tightly, allowing Crookshanks to promptly curl on top of it. That was strange — Cassie hardly sleeps in. That's more in Draco's fashion. "I haven't eaten yet either. We could go together," Hermione offered.

"Sure. Let me just get ready."

So, after she freshened up, Cassiopeia followed Hermione down to the Great Hall. For some reason, Cassie could not stop smiling.

"You know," Hermione spoke up on their way down, "Harry told us about what happened."

"He did?" Cassie responded almost instantly, nearly tripping over her foot.

Hermione laughed a little. "Well, I suppose Ron sort of forced it out of him first," she admitted as Cassie fell back into step with her. "But anyway, I was thinking Harry would have said something to you sooner. He's liked you all this time, after all..."

Cassiopeia did not say anything in return. She didn't really think she had to mention the fact that he had already said something, but she ruined it all just because of what she thought about her family.

Before the two of them could enter the hall, a brunette Hufflepuff girl approached them. She seemed to be in her second or third year. "Excuse me," she spoke, stopping them in their path, "are you Hermione Granger?" 

"Yes I am," she responded.

The girl then passed her a piece of folded parchment. "Dumbledore wants to see you," she informed, and then went off back into the hall.