FIFTY-FIVE

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA WALKED DOWN THE STAIRCASE from the dormitory to the common room with Parvati and Lavender, all three dressed up in their dress robes.

Cassie had been worried when it came to getting ready in the girls' dormitory — it would be the first time she would be in close proximity with Hermione and she was nervous that getting ready in the same space would lead to some sort of interaction between them. 

Fortunately for her, Hermione was too busy taming her hair to speak with Cassiopeia.

So instead she got ready with Lavender and Parvati on the other side of the dormitory, allowing Lavender to help curl her hair and Parvati to give her a touch of makeup (which Cassiopeia had to insist to be subtle instead of the heavy makeup she was originally planning). Even as they were leaving, Hermione was still doing whatever she was up to in the dormitory.

Both girls looked very pretty; Parvati was dressed in shocking pink robes with gold braided into her long plait, whilst Lavender wore a slightly puffy lilac dress with a bow tied up at the back.

As they reached the foot of the stairs, Cassiopeia could see the common room full of people wearing various colours, instead of the usual black robes worn by the students. "I'm going to wait for Harry," Parvati said, Lavender giggling and nodding.

"I'll wait for Seamus too," she said, and then they both looked at Cassiopeia, who was looking blankly ahead.

"I think I'll just go straight down to the Hall," Cassie said slowly, and the two nodded and faced the staircase again, waiting for the boys to arrive. Meanwhile, Cassiopeia made her own way down.

Her own dress was glittered and pale blue, one she thought would match her eyes best. The bottom half flowed down to her legs, a slightly darker coloured tulle draped over the skirt. Meanwhile, the top had all been tied back with a ribbon which wrapped around her waist which made up for her lack of sleeves.

The thing she was most concerned about was the scar that rested on the back of her right hand, seeing as it would be exposed now that she wasn't wearing long sleeves like she normally did. So she instead compensated for it by wearing sheer gloves, which didn't completely cover the scar, though it did enough so that you wouldn't be able to see it unless you knew what you were looking for.

The Entrance Hall was packed with students, all waiting for the doors to be opened. People, like Cassie, who had partners outside of their house edged through the crowds, trying to find each other. Cassiopeia scanned the crowd and, seeing as her partner was not yet there, waited patiently by the walls for him to arrive.

More and more people began to step into the Entrance Hall — Parvati and Harry walking together whilst Ron walked over to Parvati's sister, Padma. Cassiopeia snorted slightly at the sight of Ron's robes, which looked as if they'd probably have been fashionable in the seventeenth century.