SIXTEEN

— 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐠𝐬 —

𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐠𝐬

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

To absolutely no one's surprise, Draco got himself a spot on the Slytherin quidditch team.

Cassie was sitting with Draco during breakfast when he bragged to everyone that he was the newest seeker. Cassie still felt indifferent about how he got on the team in the first place – she knew he could have made it without buying the team new brooms, but now he did and it looked as if he had bribed himself onto the team instead. Of course, he hadn't thought much of it.

Watching Draco try out had been weird for her. She had always imagined they'd do it together like they used to always do at the manor. They would both sport the green quidditch robes and together win the house cup. In fact, they used to always debate on who would be the captain of the Slytherin team, Cassie always holding high hopes that it would be her.

But now she was a Gryffindor, and none of that was possible. They couldn't play quidditch together but instead, verse each other on opposing teams. 

She sighed, draping her back over her shoulder as she got up to join her brother who was on his way to practice with the rest of the team.

As soon as she went to join the team, however, their captain stopped in his tracks. Marcus Flint was a very unappealing boy to look at, though Cassie had the right mind not to tell him that. He was also tall, as were most people in the castle compared to Cassie who had still not managed to grow significantly, though he pretty much towered over the rest of his team.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked her.

"Coming to watch you practice," she answered matter-of-factly.

"No, you aren't."

"Why not?" Draco asked, piping in.

"Because she's a Gryffindor, if I'm not wrong. She could be spying for Wood – probably gonna run off to him the minute she sees our tactics!"

"What? No I won't!" Cassie exclaimed, offended. "You forget it was my father who brought you those brooms," she said, pointing at the sleek new brooms they were holding. 

"She can come, trust me," her brother said and, after a second of thinking over, Flint sighed.

"Fine. You can come," he decided reluctantly, and Cassie smirked triumphantly.

The seven of them, plus Cassie, made their way to the pitch. Cassie looked up to see figures in red and gold robes already in the air – the Gryffindor team. At the sight of the other team approaching, the Gryffindors flew down, their captain, Oliver Wood, walking angrily towards them. The rest of their team followed suit.

"Flint!" the Gryffindor captain bellowed at him. "This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now!"

Flint did not clear off, instead grinning horribly at the other captain who he towered over. "Plenty of room for all of us, Wood."