SIXTY-TWO

— 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐲 —

𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐲

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE NEXT MORNING, Cassiopeia wasted no time getting dressed so she wouldn't have to deal with the unpleasantness of speaking with Lavender again.

She couldn't understand why so many people didn't believe the Dark Lord was back — she wished she could've proved his return herself but she didn't think admitting he had been in the manor multiple times would do her any good.

So instead she was left to huff around in silence as everyone around her came up with stupid reasons to believe Cedric had simply dropped dead.

"What's got you so bothered?" Dean asked her as she approached the Gryffindor table for breakfast.

"People," she responded simply, stuffing grapes into her mouth. "What about you?" she asked, nodding at Seamus who seemed to have an equally irritated expression.

"It's nothing," he muttered, staring at his food. Cassiopeia raised a brow.

"We've been going to school together for five years now and you think I can't tell when something's up?" she said sceptically, then turned to Dean. "What's up with him?"

"Just something that happened in the dormitory," Dean answered slowly, stabbing at his eggs.

"Tell me about it," she sighed. "Lavender the genius thinks Harry is lying about You-Know-Who. Told her to shut it of course..."

"You believe him?" Seamus asked very suddenly, now very much respondent.

"You don't?" she smiled, buttering her bread. She stared at him, watching as Dean gave him a 'you're on your own' look. Her smile faded. "You don't?"

"Well, Harry's mad, isn't he? Spewing all that rubbish about him being back — insane is what he is."

"And you're an idiot," she spat, dropping her knife and swinging her bag over her shoulder as she got up.

"Cass, come on—!" he called but she was already walking away.

"Piss off!" she exclaimed at him, ignoring the people nearby staring.

Having Lavender deny it was bad enough, but now Seamus? Everyone was completely blind, she thought to herself. Why could they not see what was so obvious? She thought everything would be normal when she'd go back to Hogwarts. But no. It was not any better.

"Alright with your friends, Malfoy?" asked a voice from behind as she marched out of the hall.

"Not quite," she said. "I think I'm gonna go insane."

"I would too if I had to be surrounded by Gryffindors all the time," Theo said with a smirk. She rolled her eyes.

"If anything, I'm not surprised you haven't lost it before me. I mean, you sleep in the same room as my brother, Crabbe and Goyle," she remarked back.