TWENTY-FIVE

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

Ron's wand exploded with a great force, the rocks that formed the ceiling of the tunnel collapsing and separating the group.

Cassie winced in pain as she fell on the spot, her right ankle twisting in a way she was sure wasn't supposed to go. She looked back at the tunnel, but it was no longer there. Instead had been a solid wall of rocks. "Ron! Cassiopeia!" she heard Harry shout from the other side. "Are you guys okay?"

"We're here," came the muffled voice of Ron from her right, dusting off the dirt from him. "I'm okay."

"What about Cassiopeia?"

"I'm alright. I've got a twisted ankle – nothing Madam Pomfrey can't fix," she replied, dragging her leg across the ground, careful not to move her ankle too much.

"This git's not, though – he got blasted by the wand." Cassie turned to Ron, and both their eyes fell on the Professor who was stirring, before sitting up, looking up at Ron.

"Hello... who are you?" he asked, and the two Gryffindors' eyes widened in surprise. Ron looked over at Cassie, who gave him a small shrug.

"Erm, Ron Weasley."

"Really? And, er, w-who am I?"

Ron gasped in realisation. "Lockhart's memory charm backfired! He hasn't got a clue who he is!" Ron explained to Harry. Ron picked up the nearest rock and struck him on the head, rendering him unconscious. "What now? We can't get through. It'll take ages."

There was a pause as Harry decided what to do. "Wait there," Harry settled. "Wait with Lockhart, I'll go on. If I'm not back in an hour..."

The two blue eyes met, before turning back to the wall. "We'll try and shift some of this rock," said Ron, who seemed to be struggling to keep a steady voice. "So you c-can get back through. And, Harry–"

"See you in a bit," said Harry, also with a shaky voice. His footsteps echoed through the other side of the tunnel until they faded away, telling them that he was gone. Gone into the Chamber.

Immediately, Ron began to shift the rocks, though struggling. Cassie stood up, wobbling on the spot before limping over to help. The two of them moved the rock in silence, other than the sound of the rocks banging on the ground. Cassiopeia couldn't tell how long they were shifting for until she finally gave up with a huff.

"What's the point? We aren't getting anywhere," she harumphed, slouching down onto the floor.

Ron, however, didn't stop. "Why are you even here?" he asked her.

"What?"

He gave an exasperated sigh as he turned to look at her. "Why are you here? You clearly aren't cut out for this. You can go back to the castle  – see if Madam Pomfrey can fix your ankle."