THIRTY-SIX

— 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 —

𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE HOLIDAYS QUICKLY CAME TO AN END and Cassiopeia found herself actively avoiding the trio yet again.

Though she desperately tried to convince herself overwise, Theodore Nott's words got to her. The minute she got home from the Greengrass ball she had quickly thrown out the gifts she had gotten for the trio, vowing to herself she'd never think of doing such a gesture again.

It was ironic, really. Just the day she went home for the holidays she was joking with Harry and now she had to force herself to stay away. Not that he noticed, of course. He seemed to be preoccupied with other things.

Though she never asked, Cassie could see there was some tension between the three. Well, not the three. Just Ron and Hermione while Harry seemed to be sandwiched between the two's problems. Cassiopeia just couldn't figure out what they were fighting over this time, whether it was about Ron's rat or not. However, Dean had mentioned something about a broom.

Recently, news of Harry receiving a firebolt spread (leaving Draco incredibly angered) and so Cassie guessed that's what Dean was talking about. However, she still couldn't grasp the fact that they were fighting over something that was neither of theirs.

But still, Cassiopeia decided to mind her business. If she didn't want to associate with the trio, there was no point busying herself on the matters of their life. 

In other matters, Cassiopeia decided to spend less time in the Gryffindor common room and more time around the Slytherins. If Theodore was right, and really was starting to drift away from her beliefs, she thought perhaps it would be better to stay away from all the Gryffindors. After all, they were starting to rub off her.

The only problem was Cassie couldn't be with the Slytherins all the time. Most of the time they were in their own common room and Draco absolutely refused to let her in, stating no one from any other house could come in (especially Gryffindors) and she was certainly no exception. So on those days, she had no one to spend the day with she'd simply occupy her time doing anything else in the castle.

She was afraid she was becoming a little bit of a loner.

Cassiopeia had been turning round a corner on the first-floor corridor when she had suddenly bumped into a figure. She cursed herself in her head for not looking where she was going before looking up to see she had crashed into Professor Lupin. "I'm sorry professor, I wasn't paying attention," she apologised quickly.

"It's quite alright, no harm done," he said calmly, then bent down slightly to pick up the files that had fallen when she bumped into him. Cassiopeia bent down as well to help pick up the rest. "Thank you, you're very kind."